• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdoxs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Approximately 1 week ago I posted that I had sent back the "H&R 45-70 Cal.Ultra-Rifle" that I had bought 3 days prior. The reasons that I sent it back in to the manufacture, were due to mostly cosmetic flaws, with the one exception of one of the nastiest machine jobs on a breech that I had ever seen. Let me put it this way,... it was either a hot, dull end mill or one that wasn't lubed up while machining the stainless steel barrel (breech end). In the early to mid 1980's I worked as shop foreman for T.E.S. Firearms/Sharron Rifle Barrel Comp. Inc. located in Colorado Springs. No breech looking like that would have made it out the door.
    None the less as in my other post of March 5th, I promised to keep everyone posted.
    I received an email telling me that my rifle would be on my door step on March 13,... That is just 8 days into the projected 2 to 4 weeks that I was told to expect ( 1 point). I contacted the company today and asked them to bring me up to date. I was told that the barrel had been hand picked and test fired (1 Point). The mismatched stock (fore-stock and butt stock), were both matched and that the finish had been corrected around the butt pad (1 point). They didn't say anything else other than that they were thankful that I had brought the problems to their attention and that they wished that more customers would do that. They explained that the firearms are mass produced and shipped to them. That not everyone that handles their firearms is a gunsmith and that how the problems got past the quality control was beyond them (Hmmm point, or just B.S.).
    Well I will give them this, in that I am able to see how the stock finish got marred (in shipping), but the tool marks on the breech should have been caught right off as should have the mismatched color in the stock. None the less, I won't ramble on, I will just wait until tomorrow and see what comes out of the box and if it is, as to what they say it is, as to what has been done. I will keep you all posted,.... Until then I will keep in mind that they have 3 points!!!

Top Bottom