• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdoxs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    I got my H&R Ultra-Rifle back today, via U.P.S. (H&R/Remington paid round trip shipping), it was returned in 8 days (not 2 to 4 weeks),... unbelievable!!!!
    Kudos to Remington!!! :rockwoot:

Out of the box, everything that I had issues with had been repaired, or replaced.
    To reiterate; There were just a few minor cosmetic issues that would drive me nuts, but that's just me. The main cosmetic issue was that the fore-stock and the butt stock didn't match in color and the butt pad needed to be blended in (sanded), around the toe area,.. that was all fixed. The rubbed marks on the butt are gone, I don't know if that was due to a new butt stock or not, but none the less the issue is fixed.
    The biggest issue mechanically speaking was with the tooling marks left on the breech area, by a bad mill job, as well as sharp burrs. That barrel issue was fixed with a new barrel, it looks good, plus they test fired the gun, the action is tight as well. The wood to metal fit is good (for the price of the rifle, who could gripe!), I dare say a better fit than I have seen on some of the Rossi rifles at twice the price, and a betther fit than on my Marlin lever gun.
    I wasn't looking for a "Sharps", a "Rolling Block" or a "High Wall" when I went shopping for this H&R Ultra-Rifle (I already have those), I was looking for a good strong inexpensive single shot rifle in a 45-70 caliber, that I could hunt with and use for experimentation with some different loads (case length and powder charge), that would be legal for hunting Indiana deer. Now all that has to be done is to install a ghost ring sight set, and head to the range.
    All and all, I'm a happy camper with the service from "H&R" (Remington). If something of a major importance happens I will make a post, assuming that it is not a negative nature, and that I am still alive,..lol!
    If anyone has the same interest and you want to talk land-line, just shoot me the info and we will go from there.

Top Bottom