• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My dad and I drove to pick up our most recent order of H2 Targets and ended up meeting my brother, cousin, and friend at my grandfather's old farm property to do some demonstrations. Great fun with family at a very nostalgic place for us. We had the .22 sensitive "boomers" as well as the standard rifle targets. The .22 sensitive was detonated with my 9mm XD, but as a cautious guy I was behind a tree to get close enough to hit the thing and was a bit nervous about shrapnel. Probably best to use a rifle or have VUPDBlue hit it from 211 yards for you!

I noticed the .22LR targets (H2 Targets 5lb Bulk Pack .22LR Sensitive - Exploding Targets by HartaTac.com LLC) were much more powerful than the standard rifle ones (http://www.hartatac.com/Exploding_Targets-H2_Targets_10_Pound_Bulk_Pack.html). We splintered a landscape timber with about 3 ounces of the stuff. Here are some pics of the day, I'll post video later when I sort through it all.

Group shot (I was holding camera. My dad is on the right, brother on the left). I dare you to start a shooting trip with a back seat and table as shown and NOT spend half the time smiling and laughing!
    IMG_2833_zps93b1eadf.jpg

.22 sensitive "Boomers" - approximately 3 ounces with a Ruger 10/22
    IMG_2836_zps681df0cc.jpg

.22 sensitive "Boomers" - remember these do carry a fire risk
    IMG_2883_zpsef6f1b28.jpg

.22 sensitive "Boomers" - so we nicked it the first time and lost 1.5 liters of pop, heh.
    IMG_2906_zps3df63091.jpg

.22 sensitive "Boomers" - note the streaks of pop shooting off at the upper left of the shot
    IMG_2911_zpsc8bc00e0.jpg

Wait, didn't we have TWO concrete blocks before the 3L exploded?

IMG_2914_zps33fb0b5f.jpg

.22 sensitive "Boomers" - No one expected to hear "did you see that sugar cloud?!" that day

IMG_2934_zps75f2d4c5.jpg

IMG_2939_zps10452f62.jpg

Finally a cool shot where the camera decided to meter on the detonation. It was getting dark, but similar lighting to the other pics.

IMG_3016_zps5360f87b.jpg

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's in the SE corner of Ft Wayne. Sad to see the state of things on the property but brought back a lot of good memories.

Indy_Guy, surely we can find someone closer than Ft Wayne to let us blow things up on their land :):

BlackoutBilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    LOL...my brother an few ppl..like 50 i think had a tactical shoot a few months back and had a whole heap a tanerite..blew up a car and TV...and whatever else they could get there hands on i think....sad I missed it but planning on next year me and the Mrs going.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Dubsac, I couldn't agree more! Unfortunately it took a few days to get Premiere Elements figured out.

Video 1: H2 Targets vs Teddy Bear (.22LR sensitive)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ZoYxKMp98[/ame]

Video 2: H2 Targets vs Landscape Timber (.22LR Sensitive)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_a7SNj8FtE[/ame]

Video 3: H2 Targets vs 5lb Granular Sugar (.22LR Sensitive)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7by94C5xtIY[/ame]

Top Bottom