• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Went to Winamac yesterday with my Uncle, Cousin, and her boyfriend who's British. He's here on a green card since his parents came here for work. He also will be in the process for citizenship I believe he said next year.

I started him off with a Marlin 60 since this was his first time handling firearms. Of course I went over safety and how to handle each firearm as well as function. He did pretty good for a first timer at 25. I then moved him to a 38 spl I have and again he did good.

Seeing how he was safely handling the firearms and having no issues with stance I moved him to my 4506-1. From 25 he managed to hit his target 7 out of 16. I let him go through a few more rounds as he said he liked shooting that.

From there had him try out a few 9's I own a 669, and a 92F, and moved to the Mossberg 500 in 20 ga. He liked the pump and said the red dot made it easier to get back on target. I then introducded him to the Remington 1100 Lt-20 with 28in barrel in 3in. I told him the recoil was like shooting a 12 ga. He did pretty good keeping it in his shoulder pocket like I said and he even asked for more ammo.

Finally after everyone else had their fun with what I had and my Uncle got to try out his SR9 we moved to the 100yd where I had my Mauser in 30-06. Found out its shooting high, but from looking at the impacts with binos seems to be scopable and able to get tight groups.

In the end he thanked me for taking him shooting with the rest of the fam, and said his buddies back home will be jealous of what they are missing. He then asked if we could go again before school starts up, and I told him any time I go shooting your more than welcome to join us.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Its always great to introduce people to the joys of shooting. I had the chance to do the same with on of my roommates. Started him on a good old 10/22. He loved it and ended up buying his own.:yesway:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You terrorists, corrupting the right-thinking of the proles of Airstrip One; doubleplusungood! We'll straighten you out in Room 101.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I told him if his parents would like to go shooting they are more than welcome. He said they have before but just 22's nothing more exciting. It was fun teaching someone from another country where firearms are no where to be seen the safe way to enjoy them and how fun it would be.

He's pretty interested in the shooting sports here in our country. Every time I've Oc'ed at my Aunt and Uncle's for party's or whatnot he'll always ask me a question about our laws and such. I'm happy he's got an open mind and more than willing to take that step and become an American. If him and my cousin stay together after college and maybe get married may gift them a firearm.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Thats great news to hear. My Brit neighbor called me a coward for carrying a gun. In respect, I held my tongue however simply mentioned only a coward gives up his right. I now know not a Brits hate guns and there is hope for the less fortunate.

rjh78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    As a Brit who moved to the US 13 years ago and naturalized, I get funny looks from family and friends back home when I tell them I own / carry guns. Then they come visit and we take a trip to the range and everything changes!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Well done! I think his nickname / title should be "COLONIST" ;) and appleseed

... wonder how that will differ from what history he's heard of the events that day / era.

(ditto at rjh78!)

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    As a Brit who moved to the US 13 years ago and naturalized, I get funny looks from family and friends back home when I tell them I own / carry guns. Then they come visit and we take a trip to the range and everything changes!
    Isn't it funny how quickly things change once someone actually tries it?

Top Bottom