• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    I had a friend dating a gentleman from Ireland and we took him skeet shooting and he practically fainted from the excitement! He simply couldn't believe that I could just own a firearm at the ripe old age of 19. He almost lost it when I told him that technically one could own a silencer and fully automatic weapons!!!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Just got around to reading this one but that is fantastic! I am always happy to hear about newbies growing a love for guns!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I quite enjoy teaching albeit using things I learned when I was a range coach in the service. I think next person I teach won't bring the whole arsenal was a little tired afterwards. Didn't really shoot much beside the mauser I had been dying to shoot and see how it did.
    I did help gunbunnies brother find out which eye he was dominant at the youth shoot as well as his son. I also showed him how to do things as a lefty like myself when it comes to firearms. Since we work at the same yard he's been hitting me up for advice and such.

rjh78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'm still trying to get my girlfriend to come shooting with me. She agrees that if she lives in a house with guns she needs to know how to use them, but she'll go into hysterics if I even hand her one unloaded.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm still trying to get my girlfriend to come shooting with me. She agrees that if she lives in a house with guns she needs to know how to use them, but she'll go into hysterics if I even hand her one unloaded.

Not sure what you can do.
    She's been programmed by all the news.
    Pointing out the millions of guns that DIDN'T shoot someone won't help.

rjh78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Not sure what you can do.
    She's been programmed by all the news.
    Pointing out the millions of guns that DIDN'T shoot someone won't help.

She's not anti-gun per say, because that would be awkward, but she's just scared of an unintentional discharge. She has no problem seeing me with them, and is happy for me to carry around her, but its just she doesn't want to touch them. We'll get there one day, hopefully without her feeling the need to shoot me! Although that would get her to pick one up...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    She's not anti-gun per say, because that would be awkward, but she's just scared of an unintentional discharge. She has no problem seeing me with them, and is happy for me to carry around her, but its just she doesn't want to touch them. We'll get there one day, hopefully without her feeling the need to shoot me! Although that would get her to pick one up...

I start boy scouts off with how to point ane carry a 10/22 by using an old stock with conduit blue duct taped to it.
    Sort a gradual thing.

Top Bottom