• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Headed out there straight after work, changing out of my slacks right there in the dirt. Only five other guys there; never seen it so empty. Nice not having to wait and not being shoulder to shoulder with other shooters.

Brought out two new items. First was the free standing PVC and wood target stand. Built this in my garage last night. Fun to build, even better to shoot at. Very happy with it. Didn't even wobble under heavy fire. Only thing was very last mag a flyer caught the one pipe. But its only $4 to replace and cutting the pvc was the easy part. I'm just pissed I missed that bad. :n00b:

20120710_184534.jpg

Next was my new Marlin 795 .22 plinker. SO much fun. I haven't shot a rifle since Boy Scouts. Put about 200 rounds through it. Unfortunately had two failures to eject. I am less than efficient at clearing a rifle jam. I think maybe I need to do a better job of oiling up the bolt. Other than that it shot great, I have a lot to learn about rifle accuracy. I found myself worrying a lot more about breath control. Had a few decent groups at 40 yards.

20120710_185255.jpg

Last edited:

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i got a 795 also...I LOVE mine. I took the whole thing apart and polished and honed the bolt and all the surfaces that touch and it made a HUGE difference in the trigger. I also have a trigger comming from DIPS with a new trigger guard that will take all the take up and post travel out of it. Nothing more fun to me then laying out prone at 120 yards with that gun and hitting a 2" target 10 out of 10 times.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Kind of nice to see a positive Henryville range story occasionally. It gets a bad rap (in fairness, its almost always Saturdays that cause this reputation) but I've had the opportunity to test fire some things (notably a CX4 Storm carbine in .45; a firearm I've never seen again; even in a gun store) and let other responsible attendees test fire my firearms out there. I bring ammo for guns that I may not have just in case someone wanders over and offers a chance to shoot something. Its usually a "That's neat. If I can give it a try I'll let you try x" scenario.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah, this was my first non-Saturday. I'll never go back to Saturdays! The few people that were there did have a few AR's and AK's so there was still opportunity to share.

Top Bottom