• ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I kept my subscription to this rag.
    I look at is "Know your enemy" as I do a lot of areas in life.
    I won't bury by head in the sand and let the "anti freedom" people get free reign over my rights. I want to see them coming and not be surprised

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    I won't bury by head in the sand and let the "anti freedom" people get free reign over my rights. I want to see them coming and not be surprised

But you can do that on-line. You don't have to financially support the Star
    to see what they are up to.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I would have also included a link to the latest version of the GunCite Gun Facts, in which that one could verify and cite correct information.

Not that they would have used it, but going to the Brady campaign, follows the path of least resistance.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I'm seriously considering the same course of action. This on top of the fact that they've decided to charge me for online content which is the same as what I already pay for in the paper. Why not just charge non-subscribers for online content instead of charging me twice for the same information!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Good letter, but the Editor likely stopped reading at " Please cancel my subscription...".
    And depending on how you pay for your subscription, they'll likely try to charge you again when it comes up for renewal.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Dump the paper.

I have not purchased a paper (Minus the thanksgiving day ad's one for the wife) since 1994.

I have had internet since 1994 and told myself the paper had to go.

If you want to carry it with you get a tablet oe smart thing.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    I'm seriously considering the same course of action. This on top of the fact that they've decided to charge me for online content which is the same as what I already pay for in the paper. Why not just charge non-subscribers for online content instead of charging me twice for the same information!

I am glad you came to the same conclusion. Cancellation is the only thing that might get their attention. Then again, since they are doing the Fuhrer's work, when they don't have enough subscribers to pay the bills I'm sure the government will...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, I recently did the same and cancelled my subscription, for multiple reasons. Good for you on taking the time to let them know why.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Good letter. I'd love to hear if you get any response back on this. :yesway:
    Well they actually cancelled my paper after first calling to try to change my mind. The caller acted as if she had not read my letter, nor had any idea why I cancelled. Then a week later they called my wife and tried to sell her a Thursday & Sunday only subscription, "...because of all the ads on those days." She declined. My billing date has passed with no debit and my paper delivery stopped the same day. Feels Good, though I wish they listened to me.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good for you.

Besides, who needs newspapers anyway, they are "passe", a relic of the past. I only use newspapers for packing material, mostly when I sell a gun online, and for starting the fire in woodburning stove in the winter. For news I use the internet. For comedy I use CNN.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    ...For comedy I use CNN.

I can't believe there are actually people out there who believe 1. what they read in rags like the Star, and 2. what they hear on networks like MSNBC (a.k.a. MSDNC or MSLSD) and CNN - Commie News Network. But there are, and they vote sad to say...

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Register yourself for the e-mail service, then cancel your subscription. So far I still have electronic access even though I cancelled physical access.

The only thing I miss is Garfield...

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    They are going to charge for online stuff now. Anyone else notice all the lib media going bankrupt?

Top Bottom