• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't shot for a while. So I asked the wife if she wanted to take a trip to an indoor range that's about 45min away. Didn't take any of my own stuff so we just rented a couple of things. A Springfield 1911 and a Glock 19.

I shot the 1911 most of the time and she shot the G19.

She has shot before but many years ago. She was a bit nervous cause she was afraid there wouldn't be other women there but there were quite a few.

Once we got our lane and started she really settled down and did some pretty fine shooting. (Better than me).

I was really proud (as you can tell) and we both had a blast. (Pun Intended) :D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Was this at Applied Ballistics by any chance?

I was in there all morning working the "First-Shots" program.

sixty8firebird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    SE IN
    I haven't been to targetworld in a few years... How was the place? I've been hearing bad reviews lately from some guys I work with that live over that way.

BFG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's the first time I've ever been there (or any indoor range) so I don't have a point of reference.

It was ok, kind of rundown in the range area. According to reviews I've heard at work it's not the greatest but there are worse places.

The staff was very friendly.

Pretty good size crowd.

mlake12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    must be nice, i'd be driving to indy about 1 hr 15 min to get to the closest one to me, use to have one locally, now we just rely on outdoor ranges

sixty8firebird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    SE IN
    There is a new indoor range and gun store about 10-15min from then in Blue Ash called Point Blank. I went there a couple weeks ago because they had Pmags in stock and there was a decent crowd for the range but it seemed nice from what I saw and have heard good reviews from guys at work.

Top Bottom