• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    just my thought,.... if your in a drug store or bank that is getting held up, if your weapon is concealed then you could draw your weapon at the right time. the bad guy may not know what hit him, if your gun is in the open, your the first target...

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    just my thought,.... if your in a drug store or bank that is getting held up, if your weapon is concealed then you could draw your weapon at the right time. the bad guy may not know what hit him, if your gun is in the open, your the first target...

Where has this happened?

Think this, self defense is a reaction. An action is quicker than a reaction. A gun is used to deter crime. Tell me what makes you think that just because someone wants to rob a place wants to possibly commit murder? Sorry, there is a lot of non factual based assumptions in your post.

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    I don't think the OP was making an open vs concealed argument. Rather pointing out that it is just odd that someone would take his picture and run away rather than have a conversation with him regarding his sidearm.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I can see you're new here. The OP is not looking for an OC debate.

Please go to this thread [STRIKE]and spout your erronious theories[/STRIKE] and learn.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    that is funny someone would photograph him carrying a gun in the open, i was at a sporting good store...gander mountain, and a person in the gun department made a customer cover there firearm that they were carrying in the open, i thought that was odd, not sure if that was a store policy or what,

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    I'm betting she doesn't understand the law, and that it is completely legal to oc with a license. She saw the sidearm, and no badge, and figures you are doing something wrong.

I Always wonder when I'm out how many others are ccw? Wouldn't it be neat to know at any given time? Given the number of licenses given by the state, there are probably more than you would ever guess, and that would really screw with folks like her, she would not feel safe anywhere!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have had anti-gun activists screaming in my face about it....
    :ingo:

I always find it interesting that someone thinks you having a gun is dangerous, but not so dangerous that they would think twice about screaming in your face. "That alligator looks deadly, I should go screw with it and try to make it angry."

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. My boyfriend used to open carry all the time in the bank and in the convenience store. Literally every time someone saw him, he was immediately shot, so he got tired of having to pay exorbitant hospital bills and started to cc.

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    A man carrying a gun openly is the functional equivalent of a woman going topless in public. Most people think it's illegal, when it's not (in most states). Many people think it's wrong for a myriad of reasons, from moral, to tactical to simple decent human behavior. Reactions to open carry and/or topless women in public are very similar. Curiosity, excitement, disgust, gawking, shielding children, picture taking, praying for salvation, or resigning oneself that this is a sign of end-times and our society is beyond saving.

Whenever you decide to open carry, pretend you're a woman walking around with no shirt on. Or better yet, if you're a woman, walk around downtown topless (open carry?) and play the same game.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    A man carrying a gun openly is the functional equivalent of a woman going topless in public. Most people think it's illegal, when it's not (in most states). Many people think it's wrong for a myriad of reasons, from moral, to tactical to simple decent human behavior. Reactions to open carry and/or topless women in public are very similar. Curiosity, excitement, disgust, gawking, shielding children, picture taking, praying for salvation, or resigning oneself that this is a sign of end-times and our society is beyond saving.

Whenever you decide to open carry, pretend you're a woman walking around with no shirt on. Or better yet, if you're a woman, walk around downtown topless (open carry?) and play the same game.

So if a Topless Woman Open Carried - Would it be a Conundrum or a Paradox? The 2 acts together might cancel eachother out and then nobody would notice.

In a "proper" world, nobody should give it any thought of what you're carrying on your hips or your chest. Let alone taking a picture of it. It's really nobody's business.

I think you need to show us some pictures to better explain your argument. :rolleyes:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I Always wonder when I'm out how many others are ccw? Wouldn't it be neat to know at any given time? Given the number of licenses given by the state, there are probably more than you would ever guess, and that would really screw with folks like her, she would not feel safe anywhere!

I live on the North side of Indy, and every time I go shopping I look to see a bulge on people's hips, especially if they look the part, but so far have seen zero. There is no way I'm open carrying up here, I'd stand out like a soar thumb. Besides, it is so safe in Carmel that no one needs a gun.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    So if a Topless Woman Open Carried - Would it be a Conundrum or a Paradox? The 2 acts together might cancel eachother out and then nobody would notice.

In a "proper" world, nobody should give it any thought of what you're carrying on your hips or your chest. Let alone taking a picture of it. It's really nobody's business.

I think you need to show us some pictures to better explain your argument. :rolleyes:

Id she had a nice chest, I'd absolutely take a picture of it

:):

Top Bottom