• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    I made the mistake of replying to a discussion on Gawker.com about univeristy of Colorado opening a dorm just for gun owners that no one was signing up to live in.

It is amazing how sheltered, fearful, and hateful the anti-gun crowd can be.

I didn't post a link to the article because I couldn't remeber what the rules where, but the general feelings were that all gun owners are murders in waiting and when I tried to put in a reasonable content argument, the reception was either hostile, or they felt it was only ok for me to carry because of the training I received she I was in the military, or my past job in law enforcement. They still felt the average person carrying a gun was not to be trusted.

Feel free to take a look my comment are under my full name, James Sample.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Heck, just think of it...a whole dorm to yourself! You could live alone on the top floor and use the next floor down as a shooting range! I'd sign up in a heartbeat!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The morons who wish to restrict or remove the rights of lawful gun owners will be the first to go when the SHTF. I wouldn't worry about it, they're too damn dumb to know any better.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    I know right. What caught my eye about the article was I wish IUPUI would do something like that for my daughter. She was really angry that she had to leave her gun at home when she went to live in a dorm.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    its funny how they think that if gun owners and gun people collect there will be trouble.
    with that logic, one would think gun shows would be bloodbaths.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    The morons who wish to restrict or remove the rights of lawful gun owners will be the first to go when the SHTF. I wouldn't worry about it, they're too damn dumb to know any better.

Exactly. This is why I had to come post here to remind myself that their are still plenty of people that don't live in a self deluded bubble.

Thanks

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I wouldn't trust half the people I went to school with to carry a firearm safely. That's life I guess.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I wouldn't trust half the people I went to school with to carry a firearm safely. That's life I guess.
    You might want to check where they ended up - odds are at least part of the "half" you speak of have by now served their country in the armed forces. :dunno:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I wouldn't want to be the first few to move there. You would make your self easy targets for burglary when you go to class.

It would be like putting a sign on your house saying I have guns and I going to work now.

Top Bottom