• ...and so much more!
  • PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Strange Little, weird world

This song, "Caint You See?" (Marshall Tucker), along with "Free Bird" (Lynyrd Skynyrd) played such enormous parts in my recovery out of 'Nam that they still work better than drugs did for me. Imagine these two songs playing over and over one after the other 24 hours a day, and still half-trapped in hell, and the city riots and burnings, still trying to find solid ground, and you'll be where it was I found myself. Thanks for giving this old dog a reason to remember and to thank God for life. Pat Merry Christmas.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Google the song, "Mother Freedom" by the group Bread. That, and another by the same group, "This isn't what the government".

These folks were WAY too far ahead of their time!

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    This song, "Caint You See?" (Marshall Tucker), along with "Free Bird" (Lynyrd Skynyrd) played such enormous parts in my recovery out of 'Nam that they still work better than drugs did for me. Imagine these two songs playing over and over one after the other 24 hours a day, and still half-trapped in hell, and the city riots and burnings, still trying to find solid ground, and you'll be where it was I found myself. Thanks for giving this old dog a reason to remember and to thank God for life. Pat Merry Christmas.
    Thanks for serving our country. You reminded me a lot of my great uncle when you said old dog. He use to say that all the time an also served in Nam. Merry Christmas to you too!

.30 Cal Al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Hi

This pretty much does it for me. It was the first thing I saw on AFVN-TV after arriving at the E.O.D. unit at Bien Hoa Army.

Lots of my friends have spent their last dollar on the wrong kind of comfort for their minds since then... and I've done it a time or two myself.

YouTube - Steppenwolf - Snowblind Friend

Last edited:
    Top Bottom