• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I never wore hats and didn't really care for them. But I have little to no hair(been cutting my own hair with trimmers with no guard for 10 years now).

Last winter the doc found some basil cell carcinoma on the top of head and cut a fairly large chunk out. I decided then and there that I would start wearing a hat. So I used the winter to get in the habit but I still leave home at times without one.

So I keep one in my car now and try to wear it.

I still feel a bit weird wearing one, but if it can help ward off more head surgeries , it's worth it.
    I don't wear a lot of baseball hats, but will when shooting, and also wear a boonie type hat when fishing as I also had some skin cancer carved out of my face (like 5 rounds of Moh's) so trying to keep that from happening again if I can.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't wear a lot of baseball hats, but will when shooting, and also wear a boonie type hat when fishing as I also had some skin cancer carved out of my face (like 5 rounds of Moh's) so trying to keep that from happening again if I can.
    Yeah, that is the process they used on my head. Not the end of the world, but like you, I'd like not to revisit that operation.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I was boating more often I would wear a bandana like a 'do rag. I've had some keratosis spots burned off my head. Have some more now that will probably get taken care of at my yearly physical

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah, that is the process they used on my head. Not the end of the world, but like you, I'd like not to revisit that operation.
    Yeah, I was probably one more round from having to get a flap or graft of some sort. Glad I didn't have to go there. As it was it felt like the Dr had his foot on my face trying to pull those sutures closed.

Being close to the sinuses that hurt down into my teeth and eye for a few days.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I wear a baseball cap when my hair gets too long and the bangs get in my eyes. Usually means I need to go get a haircut.

Or on really hot days to keep the sweat out of my eyes.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, I was probably one more round from having to get a flap or graft of some sort. Glad I didn't have to go there. As it was it felt like the Dr had his foot on my face trying to pull those sutures closed.

Being close to the sinuses that hurt down into my teeth and eye for a few days.
    I bet! Ouch. I had staples in my head.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    When I was in 3rd grade my teacher would confiscate my seed corn hat every time I wore it indoors. She excepted defeat and gave them back when I filled up a drawer in her desk with hats, said if I take it off when asked she would no longer take them.

Told me I would go bald if I continued to wear a hat, wear one everyday, be 54 next month

IMG_0715.jpeg

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Yeah the whole "hats making you bald" thing is nonsense as far as I'm concerned. I've worn a hat of some type almost every single day for at least 20 years straight.

I get the "wow you're not actually bald" thing every now and then when I take my hat off haha

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    All I ever get is "put your hat back on, the reflection is blinding me"!
    I wear a ball cap even at night. Any time I'm outside I have a cap or a boonie on.
    Why? 1 MOH and freezing about 10 spots every time I visit the dermatologist is reason enough.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I have a chrome dome and will wear a baseball cap, straw cowboy hat, boonie, fedora, etc. Not that I care about people seeing
    my dome but because I have fair skin and it hurts like hell when it gets sunburn and starts peeling. Same reason I always wear
    a t-shirt at the beach or around water or even in water. I will look like a tomatoe, get huge blisters and then start peeling. It
    is kinda cool though when you can peel a large piece of skin in one piece.

Top Bottom