• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    She knows something we don’t? I mean, why in the world is she be staying in if it not because she knows something. Banking on a tragedy for Trump is not a reason to make yourself look foolish. Something is very strange about this. She’s been bought with a promise? It has a weirdness of Biden’s campaign for the 2020 election. Weird, just weird.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    @HKFaninCarmel has a point in the whole dropping out thing. It appears that generally speaking, the last competitor doesn't drop until the leading candidate actually has the delegates to win. Once that number is hit, the last one would drop.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The former president earned every delegate at stake on Saturday, bringing his overall count to 244 vs. Nikki Haley's 24.

Okay, longhaulers. Tell me again why Haley is legitimately still in it? I suppose, in hopes that Trump will be in jail by the time the general election rolls around is a reason to be in it. Much like why a scavenger hangs around waiting for scraps.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    @HKFaninCarmel has a point in the whole dropping out thing. It appears that generally speaking, the last competitor doesn't drop until the leading candidate actually has the delegates to win. Once that number is hit, the last one would drop.

Sometimes polls can be wrong. Or to be more accurate, the conclusions based on polling's best estimation, are wrong. The pollsters would have to be outright lying for them to be that wrong, and Haley actually has a legitimate shot at it. Of course polling doesn't account for a fact in evidence that Trump's in jail. The polling would be quite different if that's the case.

As it is today, Haley doesn't have a chance. Based on what we know today, there is no reason for her to stay in the race, unless she's betting her donors' money that Trump will be convicted, and that will change her fortune. Scavengers wait, hoping for scraps, as they see other predators move in for the kill. Is that what she's doing? Does she have inside information? I dunno.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sometimes polls can be wrong. Or to be more accurate, the conclusions based on polling's best estimation, are wrong. The pollsters would have to be outright lying for them to be that wrong, and Haley actually has a legitimate shot at it. Of course polling doesn't account for a fact in evidence that Trump's in jail. The polling would be quite different if that's the case.

As it is today, Haley doesn't have a chance. Based on what we know today, there is no reason for her to stay in the race, unless she's betting her donors' money that Trump will be convicted, and that will change her fortune. Scavengers wait, hoping for scraps, as they see other predators move in for the kill. Is that what she's doing? Does she have inside information? I dunno.
    Of course she has no chance. Cruz had no chance in 2016 long before he dropped too. I'm saying that when I looked at the recent primaries, the last opponent didn't suspend their campaign until they were mathematically eliminated.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Democrats like Gavin Newsom want Haley to stay in for as long as possible while acknowledging that the nomination is in the bag for Trump.
    For what? She is causing no harm to him. It actually just gives the media something other than pending court cases to talk about where he is concerned. If she drops out, the primary talk ends and his court cases are all that is left.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Of course polling doesn't account for a fact in evidence that Trump's in jail. The polling would be quite different if that's the case.
    What evidence do we have is this true, presuming you mean his polling would fall? Particularly when DJT has shattered every convention he has run up against?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For what? She is causing no harm to him. It actually just gives the media something other than pending court cases to talk about where he is concerned. If she drops out, the primary talk ends and his court cases are all that is left.
    There is some logic here, but the left are using her to attempt to harm Trump but I suspect they may pull her soon because she clearly is not affective. Probably put those resources into other projects…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe Newsom said that there is no better surrogate now for the Democrats than Haley and that's why they want her to continue to help make their case for them going into the general for as long as possible.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Figure out who is fronting most of the money for her and you will have your answer for why she is still running. That may be hard info to get if it's some rich lefty.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What evidence do we have is this true, presuming you mean his polling would fall? Particularly when DJT has shattered every convention he has run up against?
    Polls have supported the idea that people would still support DJT even if indicted, but that support drops if he's convicted or is in jail. It goes against convention, which TDS'ers use to call Trumpers crazy, when the polls showed that people would support him even if indicted. One thing about polls. They tend to be predictive. Obviously conclusions drawn from polling are subject to error.

And at best they tend to be a snapshot of people's thinking at the time they thought it. A lot more people see through the lawfare than they did before. So there is obviously a cost to waging it. But it also means that the polling would be different now, because what people know is today's snapshot.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Polls have supported the idea that people would still support DJT even if indicted, but that support drops if he's convicted or is in jail. It goes against convention, which TDS'ers use to call Trumpers crazy, when the polls showed that people would support him even if indicted. One thing about polls. They tend to be predictive. Obviously conclusions drawn from polling are subject to error.

And at best they tend to be a snapshot of people's thinking at the time they thought it. A lot more people see through the lawfare than they did before. So there is obviously a cost to waging it. But it also means that the polling would be different now, because what people know is today's snapshot.
    Among the hundreds of conventional knowledge crap we were fed was exactly what you said except that was for indictments, that conventional thinking was flat wrong but now they have it right. :lmfao:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Let's face it AF support along with the indictment push is where it's at in this primary. Even DeSantis and eventually Ramaswamy realized that they couldn't compete with Trump on that playing field and were only hurting thier future chances, so they dropped out. I'm sure Haley isn't dumb enough not to see it too but yet she continues as if competitive.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Among the hundreds of conventional knowledge crap we were fed was exactly what you said except that was for indictments, that conventional thinking was flat wrong but now they have it right. :lmfao:
    Where do you get "conventional thinking" out of that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let's face it AF support along with the indictment push is where it's at in this primary. Even DeSantis and eventually Ramaswamy realized that they couldn't compete with Trump on that playing field and were only hurting thier future chances, so they dropped out. I'm sure Haley isn't dumb enough not to see it too but yet she continues as if competitive.

Haley is fighting AF. Her and her squad think they're saving America from Americans wanting to put America first.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Where do you get "conventional thinking" out of that?
    We were told if indicted he would lose support. Only after that didn’t happen did they acknowledge it but now are saying the same thing about conviction. While we believed the indictments were politically driven the masses did not see that until they occurred, I suspect that will be the case again.

Tell pollsters their opinion now but when they see it in action I suspect that support to continue…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We were told if indicted he would lose support. Only after that didn’t happen did they acknowledge it but now are saying the same thing about conviction. While we believed the indictments were politically driven the masses did not see that until they occurred, I suspect that will be the case again.

Tell pollsters their opinion now but when they see it in action I suspect that support to continue…
    No, the polling suggested, that if indicted, people would not stop supporting Trump. But, the polling also said, if he's convicted, he would lose support--IF PEOPLE FELT THE CONVICTIONS WERE FAIR.

Polling has suggested that people don't think the indictments are fair. And in the civil fraud case, they don't think that ruling is fair. In the rape case, they don't think the penalty was fair. And that includes TDS'ers. It's just that they don't care that it's not fair. Point is, if they are of the opinion that the indictments aren't fair, it's a reasonable assumption they wouldn't think a conviction is fair.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    If by some chance Trump cannot reach the elections and if by some BIG chance Haley is put on the ticket, it will not matter who wins. We’ll be screwed and America as we know it will be changed forever.

Haley has been bought and we all know it.

Top Bottom