• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you wish for laws to be used to force others to conform to social mores that you find acceptable.

Seriously?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying...

I am, again 100%, against the legalization of pot, or any other illegal drugs...
    until, we get away from our handout culture. Get rid of the socialization of our govt and you can have as much "wacky tobaccy" as you like. But as long as I and out hard working Americans are stuck footing the bill in taking care of those losers, I say don't legalize it.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    just decriminalize already...cmon guys, its not bothering you...at least theyre not drunks vomiting on your doorstep or beating their girlfriend nextdoor...and plenty of affluent, intelligent, tax paying americans enjoy it...so y punish them because u still feel like "reefer madness" is real

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Downtown Fort Wayne
    Did you know when you apply for any type of government subsidized financial aid they don't drug test you, they make sure you're a registered voter. Backwards huh? So sure drug test and breathalyze anyone looking for a hand out but don't force hard working Americans that want to unwind at the end of the day to take a doctor prescribed pill that was just invented a "few" years ago instead of using an all natural flower that's been around forever and used without any adverse consequences since fire was invented. That's just plain silly.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    A long time ago it many people were certain that alcohol was the root of all evil. So it was banned, which seemed so right, but then caused gangland warfare on a scope that we today can't imagine. It also caused the rise in use of alcohol making many otherwise honest people into instant criminals. Finally the government came to it's senses and dropped the ban. Slowly life returned to normal.

Fast forward to today, with marijuana use very much like alcohol during prohibition. Gang and non-gang shootings over drug deals. People that would otherwise be honest people are criminals over a smoke of MJ.

And yes there are medical uses for marijuana, and as apposed to what was said earlier, there are some health benefits to an alcoholic beverage if used in moderation. Check heart, artery, and vein health.

Treat marijuana just like alcohol. Use in your home and you are fine. Drive after using it and like alcohol, you will be strung up.

Tax marijuana just like alcohol. Regulate it just like alcohol. And think of the children who will not wind up on the evening news because of a drug deal gone bad!

And contrary to the stupidity that marijuana use leads to hard drugs, only because your dealer wants to make some money, and the easy way to do it is hand out a sample of something worse. Can you say new customer?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to ask where the big money is on this issue if half the population wants to legalise the stuff. You get the best laws that big money can buy.

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    The only people still adamantly against it are Obama, conservatives and many republicans.

You forgot the mexican drug cartels.

I am against legalizing it because we have enough problems with drunk drivers - we don't need to have pot heads on the road too.

Obongo probably smokes it in the oval office.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Think of all the money PD's would lose if it were legalised. There's what motivates most cops. No more shiny toys and less money for overtime and "special task forces".

Yes, yes MrJ, in your personal poll of all the cops you know they are all overwhelmingly in favor of keeping marijuana illegal.

Newsflash Mr Brilliant, cops don't write the laws. Cops have little to do with the fact that marijuana is illegal. Not all cops are in favor of keeping it legal, in fact I'd be willing to wager that the number of cops in favor of making it legal would marry up with the numbers from the poll.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    You forgot the mexican drug cartels.

I am against legalizing it because we have enough problems with drunk drivers - we don't need to have pot heads on the road too.

Obongo probably smokes it in the oval office.

So, you don't think there are "pot heads" on the road right now?

Also, how does the legal sale of MJ in the states support Mexican drug cartels?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying...

I am, again 100%, against the legalization of pot, or any other illegal drugs...
    until, we get away from our handout culture. Get rid of the socialization of our govt and you can have as much "wacky tobaccy" as you like. But as long as I and out hard working Americans are stuck footing the bill in taking care of those losers, I say don't legalize it.

Now you not only get to foot the bill for welfare, but you get to foot the bill for our out-of-control prison population.

Driving stoned is already illegal, just like driving drunk.

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    SO.... What would you guys think of medical meth?
    (Google Desoxyn, and enjoy a good 'Soylent Green moment')
    hint: they feed it to kids.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    More people support the legalisation of marijuana than think Obama is doing a good job. Or congress. Or any of the gop candidates. The only people still adamantly against it are Obama, conservatives and many republicans. The usual suspects. Mom and pop, middle America and the rest of the country are warmed up to the idea. Shoot, on the White House petition website, it is the number one issue, by far. No other issue even comes close. Obama and the rest of his buddies, on both sides of the aisle, are going to have to wake up eventually. The war on pot has to be ended. It's become too costly and Americans are tired of it.

Record-High 50% of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana Use
    and if they're trying to stop medical users from owning firearms:dunno:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    SO.... What would you guys think of medical meth?
    (Google Desoxyn, and enjoy a good 'Soylent Green moment')
    hint: they feed it to kids.

For some strange reason, I just can't bring myself to care what substances people ingest. I know I'm supposed to want to control people, but I don't. Please help me overcome this apathy.

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    Thanks for misunderstanding. I don't give a rip what anybody drinks, eats, smokes. Just saw 'medical meth' as hypocritical for all the carrying on about it and or pot, etc.

The Guiness Book 'Most poisonous plant' is Castor beans (makes Ricin gas). No law against that. Grow it by the F'n acre. See if I care.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Woo hoo!!!

The best thing about the internet is that you never know if someone is being serious or not.

The purple takes all the fun out of people misinterpretting my posts.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Thanks for misunderstanding. I don't give a rip what anybody drinks, eats, smokes. Just saw 'medical meth' as hypocritical for all the carrying on about it and or pot, etc.

The Guiness Book 'Most poisonous plant' is Castor beans (makes Ricin gas). No law against that. Grow it by the F'n acre. See if I care.

Then we're on the same page! :ingo:

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    Some comedian was doing a bit, and asked, "have you ever read the bible like Jesus was being really sarcastic?"

I lol'd
    :D Yeah, my sarcasm didn't exactly cut through on that one. (The earlier post, what I said in the Bible was serious:D)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom