• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Anyone carry during the 4H fair? Wanted to get some insight before I go.

Thanks.

YES. Just got back from it. I saw no signs, and had no looks from officers. I was CC'ing, but in an obvious way, with double magazine holder, knife, and flashlight on my left hip.

It was very nice there, lots of fun petting animals. Lots of happy kids.

Last edited:

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I CCed at the Shelby Co fair a couple of weeks ago but it is my home town, small fair and I know 60% or more of the LEOs. If anyone sees me CCing and knows anything they will figure it out. I carry a fullsize Springfield XD in 45 ACP with 2 spare magazines on the left hip as well under a 511 vest. We may hit our local fair if the weather stays nice and I will be CCing there as well.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I CCed at the Shelby Co fair a couple of weeks ago but it is my home town, small fair and I know 60% or more of the LEOs. If anyone sees me CCing and knows anything they will figure it out. I carry a fullsize Springfield XD in 45 ACP with 2 spare magazines on the left hip as well under a 511 vest. We may hit our local fair if the weather stays nice and I will be CCing there as well.

There used to be a sign on the main Shelby Co. Fair sign at the entrance that prohibited the carry of firearms. It no longer is present. I carried every day I was at the Shelby Co. fair, but I had to use an alternate method of carry than usual because of the manner in which I was participating.

I was there just as a spectator at the very beginning of the week and hybrid carried as I was unsure if the sign was still present. After I found it wasn't, I wished I hadn't worried about any concealment.

Sorry for the threadjack.

Top Bottom