Hamilton County-ers, what's your shop of choice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Wyatt's is expensive, may be having FFL issues still, and has a fantastic, overpriced range that is never going to be finished.

The gal I used to use for FFL transfers is no longer in the business, as far as I know.

Are there any shops in our area that you guys really, really like?

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    In our area? Nope! It'd be nice if someone would open up a shop around here though. I've never been to Wyatts but I have heard it's exactly what you said. I try to buy my ammo online, as far as guns goes, I've been using the classifieds :popcorn:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I normally trek to Bradis.

Ditto that -- or 21st Century in Bluffton. Depends on which way I happen to be going on other business. 21st will be at alot of the gun shows in the area, if you don't feel like a road trip. They're at the 1500 (coming up in 2 weeks!) and I've seen them at Tipton before.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    IndyGunSafety has been good to deal with; I've been using Andrew (Aszerigan) at ProFire Arms and Supply (also an INGO sponser) for transfers and reloading classes and I highly recommend him. For purchases lately I've been mostly FTF.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Depending on where you originate from in Hamilton County, I enjoy going to Bullseyes in Kokomo. There may be closer places to go. Bradis and TSG are ones we go to as well. Then like others have mentioned there's 21st Century that's at all of the 1500s. He can usually bring something with him if you get in touch with them before hand. Bullseyes is closer than probably most and they have their indoor range.

BlisterPac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Is His and Hers Target Sports still open in Sheridan? It's been over a year since I was in there.

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    His and hers is still there, I was there last week. I like Indy gun safety, I was there today and he will take all the time you need and works with you to make sure you get the gun that works best for you. He can also get firearms overnight if you need.

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    I think it's worth it to make the trip to Bradis. His and Her's Target sports is ok too. My most favorite though, is Don's Guns in Indy (everyone knows that this doesn't need purple).

Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    "I dont like to make money, I just love to sell guns"

I go to his and hers Target sports, some prices are ok, some are high. He is picky on who he will allow he will allow transfers from.

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Try the Indiana Gun Club, they now have pistols and a few rifles on the wall. For shotgunners there is no place even close...

they also carry reloading suppplys...:popcorn:

got all my powder and primers for 223 from them

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    I forgot about the Indiana Gun Club, they have an awesome selection of shotguns. Especially brownings. I didn't realize they had pistols now. It's been a while since I've been there.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    "I dont like to make money, I just love to sell guns"
    I go to his and hers Target sports, some prices are ok, some are high. He is picky on who he will allow he will allow transfers from.

I was over there a week ago and at 1:30 (about 20 mins after I arrived) he told me he was closing up so I had to leave. I have no idea what it was about (personal, I guess) but I don't think I'll waste my time there again.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I drive to TSG. For anything. Ever. Ron and Patti take care of their customers, and will do what they can to earn your business.

BlisterPac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I've also bought from IGC. They always seem to have something in the used section that catches my eye.:D

I technically didn't count them since they have a Fortville addy (Hancock), but they are practically Fishers.

They also have a website so you can see what they have in stock prior to coming in.

Indiana Gun Club

Prices seem to be reasonable, and they run their trap/skeet business on the "honor system" - I like that. :yesway:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I went into IGC for the first time a few weeks ago. Nice shop. Some drool-worthy guns for sure. He's a Wilson Combat Master dealer, and I saw an awfully nice Ed Brown in the case as well. Some of the shotguns cost more than my car. 'Course they're a lot nicer, too.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I drive down to TSG and Bradis. You can't find a friendlier group of people at TSG and Bradis is like a potpourri of "what used guns are here today?"

They both respect my time enough to answer questions if I want to avoid the drive.

Top Bottom