• ...and so much more!
  • PokerMack1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Carry - Striker / Home - Hammer

Just my choice but I like having the manual safety on a gun I in the safe bedside (FNX-9). It gives me some peace of mind that if my son did get the gun in his hand there would be no accidental trigger put and BANG. My son is 7 and I make sure he has the proper respect for all fire arms.

My EDC's are a Glock 26 or 36. For self defense out amoung the commoners, I like the idea of draw and BANG. So I stick with the striker fire.

:bacondance: This post is sponsored by BACON, my 1st and 2nd favorite food group.:bacondance:

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    well im going to agree with every one. i like all guns . as long as you go shoot them you will get the feel of what you are shooting. and that is part of the rush for me. if they all where the same all you would need is one. and that just isnt right.:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    yes

Yes....

I OC my 1911 9 times out of 10 so the getting my shirt in between the hammer is irrelevant to me. I clean it when I get home every time, but that's because I'm OCD about my OC...see? I am looking into either a DAO/SAO or striker fire for my permanent carry piece though because it's not the hammer it's the beavertail that gets me all worked up. I say go with what you're comfortable with, in the end they all do the same job the question comes down to do you want a safety, like ones asthetics better, or are you a fanboi of one brand...

I guess in the end I don't care, I'll carry what I want to carry that day. Sometimes you want to bring out the big dog so people take notice and sometimes you just want to have protection without having to deal with people.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    It's just a matter of preference - both are proven good.

I do not like striker fired guns.

I like hammer fired guns.

Hammer fired guns give you many options not available in striker fired.

Hammer you can carry cocked & locked - DA only - DA/SA - Safety - no safety - decocker -

And I like seeing the hammer.

JMHO

:cool:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I enjoy the simplicity and ease of use of my striker fired weapons, and the fact that every trigger pull is identical.

I also own hammer-fired weapons, and I enjoy taking them to the range and shooting them in both DA and SA mode. I carry them both, off and on....just depends on my mood, and how I dress.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I have never personally seen a hammer fired gun jam & fail to fire do to lint or dirt, I have seen striker fired guns not fire do to dirt build up.
    I have seen ammo that will not fire in striker fired gun, but fires fine in hammer fired gun.
    If all things equal I will choose a hammer gun over a striker..

Top Bottom