• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    +1 for the homeowner.

I'm still stuck on the part where they confiscated his weapon.
    Isn't there supposed to be a warrant, or him actually BREAKING the law for something like that.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Moral of the story is, if you suffer from heavy constipation, rob a garage and you'll finally relieve yourself.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Nah, he had other guns. Besides, if I needed to lend him a gun I'd have lent him a Glock since he is already most familiar with the operations/controls of that gun.

Probably the ONLY good reason to own a Glock- let your buddy borrow it :laugh:

I am also appalled that they confiscated his firearm but glad that he got it back in short order.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Probably the ONLY good reason to own a Glock- let your buddy borrow it :laugh:

I am also appalled that they confiscated his firearm but glad that he got it back in short order.

I hope that the police cleaned all the fecal matter off of the pistol. That would have been pretty nice

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm shocked actually, you guys must be getting soft. People get their guns taken for five minutes during a traffic stop and all heck breaks loose, this guy gets his taken after an attempted burglary on his property and it's just oh well at least he got it back in a timely manner :dunno:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm shocked actually, you guys must be getting soft. People get their guns taken for five minutes during a traffic stop and all heck breaks loose, this guy gets his taken after an attempted burglary on his property and it's just oh well at least he got it back in a timely manner :dunno:

When a gun is present during a crime it is usually confiscated. There is really nothing you can do about it. At this point, having used a firearm on another person (even without firing it) I would be happy to be proved in the right and retire the evening with a criminal behind bars, my family and my property safe and no charges of my own.

VERY different from a traffic stop where a weapon is seized and people put in danger for no reason whatsoever. :twocents:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    No, it upsets me to see a victim unarmed. Let's face it, that is what happened. Anyone of you are more than able to loan a firearm to someone else in the event it happens to one of your loved ones. Unless you only have one gun.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    When a gun is present during a crime it is usually confiscated. There is really nothing you can do about it. At this point, having used a firearm on another person (even without firing it) I would be happy to be proved in the right and retire the evening with a criminal behind bars, my family and my property safe and no charges of my own.

VERY different from a traffic stop where a weapon is seized and people put in danger for no reason whatsoever. :twocents:

That doesn't even make any sense and I should hope this isn't the norm. It's not like he shot the guy and they need to get corraborating ballistics or anything etc. etc. He was holding him for police if it even made it that far. What is the rationale for taking it and giving it back the next day? What did they possibly do with it overnight? Sounds like a case of somebody being a little bu**hurt that a non LEO actually did something instead of cowering in fear waiting on 911.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Burglary of a dwelling is a pretty serious felony in Indiana. This may be that scumbag's last crime.

I'm not sure if a garage qualifies, but if it does, that dude isn't going to see outside for a long time.

Top Bottom