• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I think I also heard you have to make an appointment for part of it. The chief of police was on the local AM about 2 weeks ago and talked about licensing. Said there were a lot of people trying to get their license. Hopefully he was telling the truth when he said that. With the city cutting more cops in the new budget it's getting kinda thin out there.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Just went through this yesterday with my fiance'. Very reasonable process considering getting an appointment with Hammond PD is next to impossible.

(1) We went to the online application site and filled out the application.

(2) We submitted the application online and scheduled an appointment with L1 in Merrillville.

(3) We went through the printing process at L1 in Merrillville which took about 10 minutes.

(4) We received a receipt from L1 and drove to Hammond PD and submitted the L1 Receipt and the Application Receipt along with the $10 local fee.

(5) Hammond PD Records takes about 5 to 10 minutes completing their application portion.

(6) They give is our receipt and we were on our way..

Allegedly, she will receive her LTCH within 7 to 10 days. If so, that's great. The process with L1 costs $10 more but is worth it considering Hammond PD's inability or unwillingness to schedule fingerprint appointments.

Top Bottom