• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I would concur in the possibility that the neighbor is mad because the deer are skittish from the noise and are most likely scared off.

The neighbor may actually believe that but there is very little chance that the range has any actual effect on the deer.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The range operational year round? Then the deer are used to it.
    I ground hog hunted next to a club range for decades.
    Lots of bullet escapes.
    Mistakes happen, but I reckon most of that stuff was from stupidity.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    There is a GH that lives behind the target at my local rifle range. GH don't care, gets out and walks around during range session.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I guess it was too much trouble to either explain the situation to a potential customer or to post an explanation. I only had contact with Dennis with a phone call about a possible repair of a S&W revolver, a few weeks ago. I wouldn't call him a "people person" and this enforces my initial impression. Ended up saving a bundle by letting a local guy fix the revolver.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I guess it was too much trouble to either explain the situation to a potential customer or to post an explanation. I only had contact with Dennis with a phone call about a possible repair of a S&W revolver, a few weeks ago. I wouldn't call him a "people person" and this enforces my initial impression. Ended up saving a bundle by letting a local guy fix the revolver.

I'm not going to defend or attack his persona but his S&W action work is, quite literally, some of the best in the nation.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County

First time I went in there I didn’t have a good impression of him either. I decided to go back a couple other times because I needed some 2400 powder and both of those instances were pretty good, I think he was just amazed that I rode my bicycle there. He’s definitely opinionated so that definitely can rub people the wrong way.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    First time I went in there I didn’t have a good impression of him either. I decided to go back a couple other times because I needed some 2400 powder and both of those instances were pretty good, I think he was just amazed that I rode my bicycle there. He’s definitely opinionated so that definitely can rub people the wrong way.
    I don't live anywhere close. I guess he feels he has enough business to treat total strangers like idiots. It's his business; he can run off potential customers if he wants. There are other options. I'm glad I kept my money in the local area. I likely won't be doing any business with him in the future. That's the way capitalism works.

Top Bottom