• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    On my person, opposite side of the gun (depending if I'm carrying lefty or righty), in mag holders, in the same spot each time.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I carry two spare mags, off or weak side, on duty, off duty. I find that the Comp-Tac dual carrier works very well, along with Contact Concealment's magazine carrier.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    In the back-up gun! :D

Seriously, I always carry a mouse gun (24/7/365), where legal.

When running around locally, I'll add a mid-size pistol on my waist (3-3:30).

When leaving town, I'll upgrade that to a mid-full size gun (same location) and add two extra mags (weak side).

I never remove the bug from carry. It's always there and I don't want to grab for it one day and not have it. It's just reflex and memory, which may save you under stress. Like a wallet/cell phone/keys/flashlight, it's ALWAYS there!

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Just curious, but have you considered how expediently you can access a magazine kept in the same holster the gun is kept in?

Especially if you carry on your strong side?

I mean, if your gun is in your strong hand, and you absolutely positively need a speed reload (for whatever reason) - what hand will you use to grab the magazine and finish the reload? If you use your strong hand - what will you do with the gun? Will you transfer the gun to your weak hand, then use your strong hand to grab the mag, ram it home, then re-transfer the gun back to your strong hand? Or are you versed enough to flip flop your grip with no discernible firing/sight alignment issues? Can you reach the mag easily and quickly enough with your weak hand to accomplish a reload? (Either around front or around back?)

Have you ever practiced speed reloads with dummy ammo with your current set up? I'm going to go out on limb and presume that you have not.

-J-

I typically don't open carry and that holster is usually used while at the range or on private property that I practice on. Most of the time I am in public, I keep the extra mag on my weak side. It is definitely easier to access, but I have also gotten pretty good at getting at the extra mag in my OWB holster. It is located on the front of the holster and is pretty easy to get at. That being said, it is definitely easier to access the mag on your weak side.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My EDC is a PF-9. The 7 round mags fit perfect in an cell phone case I bought. I can fit 2 in it and carry it weak side. Hides them in plain sight.

Top Bottom