• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEDenny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Georgetown
    For the upcoming vacation season I'm looking for a quality handgun vault for under the seat of the car. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it dose not have a lockable trunk like a car. I believe in "you get what you pay for" and I don't want poor/low quality. This is the one I'm considering -

Liberty Safes - Handgun Vaults - Quick Combo Vaults - HD-100 Quick Vault

What dose INGO say? I always value and listen to experience.

wckd99GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2015
    Columbus
    If you search the Yankee Marshals youtube channel, he did an install of a gun vault in a jeep about a year ago. I would post the link, but my phone isnt cooperating with getting a url from the youtube app

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Here's the link ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD61IUAuXH4

This video is very informative, and it clearly shows the need to have a vault with some sort of slide out tray or front access door. The vault that you're looking at has a top opening lid. There's just not enough clearance under the car seat to open that vault to access your handgun. I don't know what vault was shown in the video, but it certainly was designed to be easily and securely installed in a Jeep.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I, like you, have limited under seat height to work with in an SUV. I have one of these Gunvault Nano 100's. NV 100 | GunVault
    Not the best, not the worst, better than nothing for sure. It's the perfect size to fit my LC9, a spare mag, and my Galco Stow-n-go. The cable is long enough to be able to lash it around a seat leg and give you enough length to put it in the front seat with you (essential to me to NOT have to exit my vehicle before securing my firearm), but just short enough a thief can't put the box on the ground and smash it open. Now, nothing is going to stop a determined thief who really wants your stuff, but the GV will definitely cause more of a time consuming PITA for the average smash and grab idiot. That's all these little boxes do anyway... that, and give you a little peace of mind knowing you made an effort instead of leaving your CC in the glove box. Nothing is absolutely secure in a vehicle no matter what you do, after all, they could take your entire car... then what?

I've actually been considering switching over to the Liberty one you linked to just for the electronic ease with key backup. My only gripe with the GV is that I have the key version and I keep one key on the ring with my car keys. It annoys me to have to shut my car off before locking up my CC. Not a deal breaker, but an annoyance nonetheless. If you must have a vehicle vault that's built like a tank, look at the Fort Knox Pistol Box. It's hefty and won't fit under a seat unless you drive a schoolbus.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Happy shopping!
    -RS

Top Bottom