• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hzwj67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    hendricks county
    Need some help. I was shooting my PSA carbine today , when after about 50 rounds, the handguard came almost comletely off! I have only had this gun 2 months, shot about 250 rounds through it, have removed or dome anything with my handguard. it is a Midwest Industries SS2,12" one pc free float rail, installed by PSA at thier factory, original build.
    I routinely chek all my screws for loosening. It really never ocurred to me to check my handguard, as it was factory installed and,I believe, has to be torqued to a certain spec. I do not have a torque wrench, and would neverhave expected handgurd to come loose anyway... certainly not after only 250 rounds! everything I hand installed, red dot , rail cover,sling etc, have stayed tight, and I did not use a torque wrench.
    Can some one give me advise on what to do? I retightened the screw, but not over tight, as I don't know the torque specs, and don't have a torque wrench any way. This came off while I was shooting!! After hand tightening, should i be concerned with shooting it ?

Top Bottom