• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    What options do you legally have if your new handgun fails before it's even fired. Purchased 24 hrs earlier and trigger all of a sudden hung loose. Should the dealer replace it, replace it with something else, work a deal of sorts, do nothing but send it in for repair? No shots fired! Mixed thoughts.

I may have seen you attempt to return your pistol yesterday. Was the dealer Plainfield Shooting Supplies by chance?

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Ive told this story a few times on here, but...

I bought a brand new Taurus .357 from Midwest Gun Exchange. Only had the gun a week before i took it to the range. When i fired a round, it would eject the cylinder slightly enough not to be able to fire the next round. Thankfully it didnt fire, as that could have been a disaster. Luckily a employee of Midwest Gun Range noticed the problems i was having. Took the gun back to their Mishawaka store, and complained. I took my wife with because she can get things done when it comes to *****ing. They wanted to have me send it into Taurus. I refused as i just bought the gun and had issues immediatley. MWGE made it right by buying the gun back from me and letting me purchase the S&W i wanted to begin with.

So +1 to MWGE. ...and ill never buy another Taurus again!

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    New, Ruger sr22, cleaned and perhaps dry fired twice at dealer. Upon bringing it home I broke it down when cleaning and reassembling but trigger was then lose. I did not feel anything wrong in the process. I then disassembled again and couldn't see anything wrong but trigger still hung lose. I took it back.

I had the same thing happen to me.......then i inserted the magazine and all was good with the world. It was the magazine disconnect.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    New, Ruger sr22, cleaned and perhaps dry fired twice at dealer. Upon bringing it home I broke it down when cleaning and reassembling but trigger was then lose. I did not feel anything wrong in the process. I then disassembled again and couldn't see anything wrong but trigger still hung lose. I took it back.

You took it apart and then noticed a problem or noticed a problem and took it apart? (trying to determine if there was a problem from the start, noticed or not).

Kinda hard to get from your post, sorry.

Maybe something isn't where it needs to be, could be a simple fix. Or maybe a part went into another dimension unnoticed during the tear down.

Might have been functional from the factory and you just have something not lined up right, or maybe something broke (maybe due to their fault or something you did).

Knight 1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    South indianapolis
    At this point I'd rather not say were the gun was purchased. In addition the pistol was disassembled and reassembled twice with no extra effort or signal that a problem was present.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    How did I know that this was going to be about a Ruger.

The SR22 trigger will "hang loose" with no magazine in the gun. That is the Ruger Trigger disconnect doing it's job. Nothing wrong with the gun, well unless it is doing it with the Magazine in there as well.

Mine does the same thing. Like I said a few posts ago, put an EMPTY mag in and then rack it and see if it does the same thing.

ETA: Oh yeah, safety up for fire on the SR22 Pistol, if it is down in the safe position the trigger will "hang" as well. IIRC

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Mag was in and when taking to the shop they said nothing, I would assume (?) they would have corrected any over site. Thanks still waiting on a call.

Safety down or up?

Since you didn't name the shop I have to assume that perhaps they don't know anything about the gun and quite possibly could be over looking the small things.

The Slide can still be racked on one of those with the safety down. So one might think that the safety is off if the slide can be racked.

Just trying to throw out all possibilities. Of course the trigger disconnect could be broken as well. That will be handled by the manufacturer, as was stated earlier.

Knight 1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    South indianapolis
    It looks like I was wrong, wife says it wasn't my first time. The double safety was correct, after inserting the mag I had to additionally flip up the safety. The tech I brought the gun to also didn't know about the 2nd safety, not his fault. Bob did what he said and I appreciate his honesty. It was me, most likely won't be my last mistake. Thanks for all the help.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    It looks like I was wrong, wife says it wasn't my first time. The double safety was correct, after inserting the mag I had to additionally flip up the safety. The tech I brought the gun to also didn't know about the 2nd safety, not his fault. Bob did what he said and I appreciate his honesty. It was me, most likely won't be my last mistake. Thanks for all the help.

Yeah it threw me for a loop when I was first messing with it at Bradis before I bought it.

Glad you figured it out though, now get out and shoot that thing :ar15:

Top Bottom