Ripley County
    CZ Shadow II

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The pistol you cite was designed by Bernard White in Minnesota in 1983. IMI picked it up after Magnum Research.

Sorry, my inner gun nerd needed to be scratched.
    And a second patient was filed by IMI in 1985. The one which allowed it to be mass produced. So I should have stated developed and refined by crazy Hebrew’s

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Now that holiday shopping is done and over with, I turn my gaze to Nephew #2's 21st birthday. Which handgun for nephew?

He has a Glock M17 Gen4 now. My brother says I should get him a 1911, but he is a Zoomer, not a Boomer.

Walther PDP? Steyr M9A1? FN509? Maybe a .22? Something solid but like cutting edge.

What does INGO think?
    Buy him something he wont like so I can watch the classifieds for a deal. I was thinking more along the lines of a sharps No 3 in 45/70 ?

All kidding aside trying to buy a gun for someone is like getting a plate at MCL and picking food out that you like and tell him to eat it.

Go with gift cards.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I'm in the .22LR camp. Browning Buckmark is top on my list. For the wow factor, I have always liked the look of the Beretta Neos. I've also always wanted to add a Sig-Hammerli to the stable.

As a gift, any one would be appreciated. Especially if it came with extra mags and several thousand rounds of ammo.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Uncle Kirk seems practical:

Gen 4 Glock 26. Then put the same sights and trigger setup in both guns. Now he has a large and small pistol that take the same magazines and holsters.

Glock 43/43x/48 - so he has a small carry gun. It’s hard to ignore the convenience of the little single stack guns.

Glock 17 or 34 with MOS.

If you are looking for a keepsake really love him then buy a 1911.
    FIFY

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I am sure that if he has any character, he will gladly accept anything you give him.
    Many moons ago, my great uncle brought his .45 that he carried while he was building airfields in the Pacific to me when I had turned 18. My father told him I was not mature enough and he took it away. He gave me other items that I cherish like his drafting tools and his GI shovel he carried, but I regret not getting the. 45. I still value those things even today.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    How about a trip to Nevada with Uncle Kirk to Front Sight for a training class on how to properly use what he has? That would be something he would never forget and hopefully learn valuable lessons on proper use of his firearm.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I recommend a CZ 75 or a 1911.

If these recommendations do not work, you can give them to me.

Always happy to help!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    With a Glock 17, it sounds as if your nephew has the full-sized handgun need covered. My thoughts would be going toward better concealed carry, because nothing says "howdy-do" like the bulge of a big pistol on your hip. With that in mind, I would recommend the M&P Shield Plus, so that the young man can meet the world without making any big scary pronouncements.

Top Bottom