• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I heard an ineresting statistic that less than 1% of deer in Indiana are taken with a handgun. I was wondering how many handgun hunters we have here. Lets see them rigs? I've killed deer with a Knight Hawkeye .50 with reddot, this year I'll be toting my Ruger Bisley blackhawk .44.
    bisley.jpg

savageayape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Martinsville
    I've taken a lot of deer with a handgun. I use a S&W 629 Classic with Leupold scope, 15" T/C .50 muzzleloader with Leupold scope & T/C 15" .270 with Leupold Scope. Sorry, I forgot how to attach a photograph.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Ihave taken two deer with my 357 magnum Dan Wesson with an 8" barrel. One was 12 yards, the second at 50 yards. I have also missed two deer with the same revolver, one at about 20 yards and the second at about 50+ yards.

I am surprised a little that the percentage of deer taken with a handgun is so low.

Terry

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    DSC00243.jpg

35 rem harris bi pod 4 x swift premeir handgun scope and normally a shooting stick to help me stead the beast in the field. Not my primary form of deer removal but is one of my favorites. Given a day where i would be seated in a treestand or posted along an exit pathway where shots may be 150 yards or so it get;s the nod.

Weird Indiana deer laws mean my handgun is my long range device and the rifle is more of a short ranger.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hunt with a Ruger New Model Blackhawk in 44 MAG. I just moved here from MI and won't be hunting here this year. Didn't have time to properly scout, where to junt so I won't see a pumpkin patch when the sun comes up. Hope to be able to hunt next year though.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull with 8" barrel out to 200 yards. Only problem is you MUST use noise cancelling hearing gear because it will cause your ears to shut down completely for about ten minutes if not used. Can we say permanent damage?
    It's also my go to if I need to stop any vehicle with a diesel engine block.

Top Bottom