• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    a maglite is too cumbersome

Yea, but a maglite makes a good weapon. If nothing else, it makes a good bat or something nice and heavy to throw. If someone threw a maglite at me, I'd probably duck...:n00b:

While we're on the subject of maglites, I delivered pizzas and couldn't carry a weapon but I carried a Nice heavy maglite to spot house numbers. To make a long story short, I was delivering a pizza in a bad hood when I was rushed by about 10 mexicans. Luckily I had my maglite and knocked some dude's teeth out as he was reaching in my truck... So I think a good maglite makes a good backup weapon...:dunno:

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    as far as maglite go i am a bit frightened. i use the will it fit up my @hole if taken from me formula. my surefire will fit much easier than a 4 d cell mag.(even with the strike bezel)

bigger is'nt always better

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Mounted Light

I have a Mag-Lite that I use. But it is not mounted. That way if need be I can smack the person on the head with it. if shooting them is not a option due to saftey concerns.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I don't have a weapon mounted light yet, but I do sleep with my surefire 9p with the p91 bulb(200 Lumens) on the nightstand. I would like to get a weapon mounted light for my XD but just dont have the funds at the moment. I would think that having both would be better.

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    I have a M3 on my Glock 23 for night stand duty.

I dont conceal carry with the M3 attached. But if I ever found a decent concealment holster Id probably give it a try.

glock2619

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    These conversations are kind of like caliber wars.

I'm no expert, but FOR ME, a light mounted weapon isn't a good option as I have others in the house I'm going to go look for and I don't want to be pointing my weapon at them.

It's a personal decision that each person must make for themselves. There is no right or wrong answer.

Well, no, I guess there is a right answer. The right answer is: Learn/train to be proficient with whatever you decide whether it's the newest Surefire 1,000,000,000,000,000 lumen weapon mounted light or a 3D Maglight held in the weakside hand, learn how to use it in conjunction with your weapon.

Just my 1/50th of a dollar.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    I'm no expert, but FOR ME, a light mounted weapon isn't a good option as I have others in the house I'm going to go look for and I don't want to be pointing my weapon at them.

It's a personal decision that each person must make for themselves. There is no right or wrong answer.

Well, no, I guess there is a right answer. The right answer is: Learn/train to be proficient with whatever you decide whether it's the newest Surefire 1,000,000,000,000,000 lumen weapon mounted light or a 3D Maglight held in the weakside hand, learn how to use it in conjunction with your weapon.

Just my 1/50th of a dollar.

:+1:well said

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I keep a 3 cell maglight, next to my 380 revolver & my 1911... Grab a combination of the three based on the noise and my mood...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I would never mount a light on a pistol, personally. To many issues, finding holsters, battery changes in extended use situations, not to mention I do know some people who practice shooting at lights, etc.
    I am big fan of lights on carbines though. Have a M900 with an IR Filter Surefire under my M4 when I play in harms way.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Family members do not "borrow" lights mounted to firearms.

Just a note there...

Top Bottom