• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I would like to have my SIG P226 refinished. I have searched on here and didn't find what I was looking for. If it has been discussed, a link would be nice. I would like to have it refinished locally if possible. I have looked at custimizedcreationz.com but they are not local so I am looking at other options. I would like to have the slide done in sig black and the frame done in brushed stainless. Basically I would like the colors to look like the pic below from custimizedcreationz.

600_P6_CCAS_Skeleton_Hammer_and_Trigger.jpg

I already bought and received wood grips. Now I need to have it refinished. The pic below is how it sits right now.

2012-01-11_13-30-53_830.jpg

Any help would be helpful. Thanks!

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    the slide will be easy enough using Duracote, I think they may even sell one called Sig Black. the frame will be a bit tricky because you will need to strip off the old finish and bring the metal out then polish it up. doing that will most likely change the tolerances and may effect the function of your gun negatively. you may want to take it to a gunsmith and see what they have to say about how to do it, they can either do it for you or guide you through the process of doing it yourself.

of course there's always option 2....buy another sig with the finish you want. then you'll have........wait for it......2 SIGS!!!

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    the slide will be easy enough using Duracote, I think they may even sell one called Sig Black. the frame will be a bit tricky because you will need to strip off the old finish and bring the metal out then polish it up. doing that will most likely change the tolerances and may effect the function of your gun negatively. you may want to take it to a gunsmith and see what they have to say about how to do it, they can either do it for you or guide you through the process of doing it yourself.

of course there's always option 2....buy another sig with the finish you want. then you'll have........wait for it......2 SIGS!!!

The brushed stainless for the frame is also a coating. Basically I want to know who can coat the gun locally. I already have 4 SIGs :D and the next 226 I am getting will be the MK25 (which can't have wood grips)!

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Check out Hoosier Gun Coat. Did the slide on my Ruger LC9 in Cerecote recently.
    Really nice work and is in Bloomington. Also a member here.
    CJ

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Stainless color Duracoat

You should look at a sample of the stainless color. It doesn't look exactly like a real piece of stainless. More a uniform light grey/silver.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    H&H Heat Treat in Muncie IN can do the slide in a hard black and the frame in Electroless Nickel for about $175.

I have had my browning done there and sent them a lot of business over the years.
    It is a small shop run by two or three guys and they do good work...

They even strip the old finish off...all you gotta do is disassemble the gun and take it to em'.

A good reason to support local business...tell them Wes referred you.

Before and after pix.

picture.php

picture.php

God bless
    -Shred

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    H&H Heat Treat in Muncie IN can do the slide in a hard black and the frame in Electroless Nickel for about $175.

I have had my browning done there and sent them a lot of business over the years.
    It is a small shop run by two or three guys and they do good work...

They even strip the old finish off...all you gotta do is disassemble the gun and take it to em'.

A good reason to support local business...tell them Wes referred you.

Before and after pix.

picture.php

picture.php

God bless
    -Shred

I have been trying to find a particular gun in a nickel finish but can only find the model I want in blued finish, this may be the solution I have been looking for. Can you show some closer pictures of the refinished gun?

Top Bottom