• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Put through lots of rounds again through the SW 22A-1 with the Tasco Pro-Class 4x30 fixed scope.
    Lots of wobble even on a rest: makes me appreciate my 1.5 RWS & 2.0 Nikon.
    Didn't do very well, not placing shots with consistency.
    Don't know whether its me or the scope x4 fixed.
    I was shooting at 17 yds (50').
    It shot well w/o a scope, so I don't think it's the gun, but I was shooting at only 7 yds. or maybe 10 yds.

Used 3 different kinds of Ammo.
    2E1Er9O.jpg

QuEHyeQ.jpg

uIy0twE.jpg

BYeTAih.jpg

OdsMq6q.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    With a rest at that distance the 22 pistol should have performed much better for you. If there was lots of wobble the rest may not be solid enough. Or could have been the method used to rest the pistol assuming the scope base , rings/scope are properly secured.

Did you ever determine if the scope has an adjustable objective?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    With a rest at that distance the 22 pistol should have performed much better for you. If there was lots of wobble the rest may not be solid enough. Or could have been the method used to rest the pistol assuming the scope base , rings/scope are properly secured.
    Did you ever determine if the scope has an adjustable objective?

I was told that a fixed scope with a x4 would reflect the "wobble" of your hand.
    My hands were resting on a bean bag, the barrel was not resting on anything.
    I generally only put my hands on a rest & never the barrel with a handgun.

Something I didn't mention: the main screws that hold the rings onto the rail were only finger-tightened.
    I noticed that near the end & tightened them up with a screwdriver when I realized they weren't snug anymore.
    I don't think I shot anymore after that, I was putting things up after nearly 4 hrs. of shooting in 3 different areas with 2 rifles & 4 different handguns. :fogey:

I don't remember anything that adjusted since it is a fixed other than a "fine-focus" in the front.
    Was that a paralax adjustment?
    My other two fixed handgun scopes don't have any adjustments: RWS 1.5 & a Nikon 2.0.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I spent 3:15 at MCF&G shooting today.
    I tried to get this dialed in, but was at 25 yds. & it was all over the place & didn't seem to respond well to my adjustments.
    I went over to where it was a shorter distance, but I had to stand & lean against a tree b/c you are not allowed to sit down in the pistol bay???
    I got it close, but I'll have to use the indoor range to "fine-tune" it.
    After 200 rounds, I just got tired of messing with it, & moved on to shooting steel.

You are in error. The no seated shooting doesn't apply to the Pistol Bays.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You are in error. The no seated shooting doesn't apply to the Pistol Bays.

Thanks! You are right: I'm using the wrong terminology for the different locations for shooting pistols, my mistake.
    You are correctly referring to the two independent shooting bays before the main building.
    I was referring to the huge long area beside the clubhouse where the left side is for rifles & right side is for pistols.

Rule #36. "On the south (pistol range) the 25 yard range may not be used from the seated position."

I questioned this since I never shoot standing up anymore, and mostly use a rest & sitting.
    Something to do with the angle & they are afraid of a stray bullet going over everything.
    Bummer for me.
    I'll try to shoot in the bays or on the rifle range (left side), which is permissible (where the concrete seats/benches are).

Top Bottom