• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    My M9 with a pistol I had the pleasure of cleaning and shooting a couple weeks ago:
    IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

cj7jeep81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Nice, my P6 has fresh grips, but needs refinished, what did you use?

Moly Resin
    John Norrell Arms

I used flat olive drab and flat black. I later re-painted the slide to cover the roll pin since it got too shiney. Can't see it in this pic, but I painted the block on top (that you can remove by pulling that pin) olive drab as well.

You clean the gun (get rid of all the oil), then spray it with an airbrush. Then pop in in an oven for an hour at 300 degrees to cure it. They say you might need to media blast it, but I didn't and it came out great.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Moly Resin
    John Norrell Arms

I used flat olive drab and flat black. I later re-painted the slide to cover the roll pin since it got too shiney. Can't see it in this pic, but I painted the block on top (that you can remove by pulling that pin) olive drab as well.

You clean the gun (get rid of all the oil), then spray it with an airbrush. Then pop in in an oven for an hour at 300 degrees to cure it. They say you might need to media blast it, but I didn't and it came out great.

Right on... Looks good, but one of these days I'd need to get an airbrush... Been thinking about it for just this reason anyway...

Also considering DuraKote or CeraKote, since I can use a pump spray bottle for those...

Is the moly holding up well?

cj7jeep81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Right on... Looks good, but one of these days I'd need to get an airbrush... Been thinking about it for just this reason anyway...

Also considering DuraKote or CeraKote, since I can use a pump spray bottle for those...

Is the moly holding up well?

looks just as good now as the day I sprayed it. Granted, I don't shoot it enough, but still :)

I also painted a buddy of mine's p6. His barrel was pretty nasty looking, so we painted it. As far as I know, that's held up well also.

I got an airbrush from Harbor Freight to do mine. Wish they sold the moly resin in smaller batches though, as I still have quite a bit left. No clue though if its still any good, as it was a couple years ago that I painted these.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    my Ruger MKI bull barrel

Just got doing a reblue on it and it turned out pretty good. It has a custom trigger, Clark I think and a set of one off custom real elephant ivory grips made by my dad and scrimshawed by my mom. I got this for my 8th grade confirmation a long time ago.
    HPIM2572.jpg

HPIM2571.jpg

HPIM2566.jpg

Top Bottom