• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Very sorry about your loss , my father passed away a couple years ago. I know how that feel. But my father wasn't a gun guy, no gun from him.

Megatron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    Elkhart County
    My sincere condolences. I too inherited a bunch from my father when he passed. I don't know how into guns you are or what sentimental value they may hold, but as for me, the guns I inherited were the ones my dad taught me how to shoot with when I was a kid, so I would never even think of getting rid of them. The memories that come back every time I pick one up are worth more than any dollar amount.

Just my two cents here, so take it for what it's worth: Don't be too quick about it. Not saying disregard your fathers wishes, but just step back and let things settle for a bit. Hang on to those for a while just to see how your feelings might change over time. If it really bothered you that much, kick your mom a few bucks and sell them to yourself. At least, that's what I would do.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately my dad didn't have any of the original guns he taught me to shoot on. These were just guns he had when he passed. The only one that has any sort of sentimental value would be the revolver because he taught me to shoot on a revolver, which is why for now I am hanging on to the .38 special.

I actually had a friend over a night ago and said he knew someone who would take the 40, 45, and 9mm. So I got $1025 out of those three. From what I saw online and what people had thorwn out here, it was a tad low, but he took all three, and I was able to get a quick $1025 to help my mom.

Thanks everyone for the condolences and thank you all for the help.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately my dad didn't have any of the original guns he taught me to shoot on. These were just guns he had when he passed. The only one that has any sort of sentimental value would be the revolver because he taught me to shoot on a revolver, which is why for now I am hanging on to the .38 special.

I actually had a friend over a night ago and said he knew someone who would take the 40, 45, and 9mm. So I got $1025 out of those three. From what I saw online and what people had thorwn out here, it was a tad low, but he took all three, and I was able to get a quick $1025 to help my mom.

Thanks everyone for the condolences and thank you all for the help.
    Good for you. Sometimes a quick sale trumps getting the maximum amount for things. Glad things worked out.

Top Bottom