• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How many people carry glock 22 gen 5 as their everyday carry?
    Oh no! The loyal followers of John Moses Browning are typing their Glock-hate even as you read this! :laugh:

Full-sized .40 S&W? I'm thinking not many. More with a G17 I'd think.

Haters hatin in 5-4-3...

Dakota4242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Ligonier
    Full-size it’s the only handgun I got I was trying to get on the reserves as a cop for my town and they carry glocks chambered in the 40 s&w

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Good holster and belt and you will be fine. Just dress around it. I have carried the Gen 4 22 I was issued many times even in summer months. Will admit now I carry smaller framed pistols. G19.5 gets carried the most.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Full-size it’s the only handgun I got I was trying to get on the reserves as a cop for my town and they carry glocks chambered in the 40 s&w
    I'm a big guy with big hands. So I carry a FS or a sub compact with magazine extentions so my hand fits. I dislike my little finger hanging off the bottom of the grip or worse 2 fingers doing it. FS handguns, or magazine extentions are a must for my comfort and control of my firearms.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    If your a bigger guy, a full size Glock is easily concealed from the casual glance with a proper holster and good covering garment. I like the 5.11 shirts and a Desantis Nemesis or similar holster for CC. Any plaid type pattern will help break up any printing the pistol will do when walking around normally. I'm too fat for appendix carry, so I carry at 4 o'clock and just be mindful of the bigger grip when bending over, etc.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've kicked around trying the Gen 5. I never really cared for the Gen 3 or 4 that much in .40. The heavier slide and improved 'handling characteristics' have made me consider it. Then I remember it's not compatible with any of the 9mm Gen 5 holsters I have and I can shoot .40 through metal Sigs and never bother to put out the cash.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I have a gucci'd gen4 G22 that currently resides inside of an MCK roni: top drawer night-stand-duty...but I've been known to carry it in a Kramer OWB holster (OC or sloppy CC).

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Handgun? What's a handgun? I only carry pistols...

A G22 gen 5 is an excellent gun, but will be a challenge to conceal comfortably and there are practicality issues with the .40 S&W. But, it can be done with a good adjustable AIWB holster or a pancake holster and cover garmet. You can certainly carry it if that's what you have, but I would not go out and buy a G22 today.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Handgun? What's a handgun? I only carry pistols...

A G22 gen 5 is an excellent gun, but will be a challenge to conceal comfortably and there are practicality issues with the .40 S&W. But, it can be done with a good adjustable AIWB holster or a pancake holster and cover garmet. You can certainly carry it if that's what you have, but I would not go out and buy a G22 today.

Top Bottom