Handguns I'd just as soon never shoot again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'll add to the list... my S&W .357mag... it's like getting beaten in the hand with a baseball bat with every pull of the trigger...

357mag_zps9e984e41.jpg

What kind of grips are those? Hard wood? I have rubberized on mind. It is not punishing to shoot. I put 150 round threw it last Friday without an issue. I don't know where you are located but itf it is close to South Bend you are welcome to try mine and see if it is better.

squish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    South Bend area
    I've got a GEN 3 G22 for Reserve duty use. It's accurate, and shoots very well. To be honest though I hate it. I hate the way it fits (or really doesn't) in my hand. I'm thinking of a grip reduction, stippling, and getting rid of those STUPID finger groves. When you grab it, it's akin to trying to draw a cinder block.....just flat out square and clunky. After some extensive mods I might change my mind....we'll see.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I had a lovely Taurus Raging Bull in .44 mag. I picked it because it was much more pleasant to shoot than the Smith 29s or the Ruger Redhawks. That full barrel lug does make a difference. I have no desire to shoot the .500 Smiths, Ruger .460s or other monster calibers. Especially in short barrels. If I want a cannon, I'll just build or buy a cannon.

For slightly different reasons, I got rid of a Heritage .22. For some reason, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. It wasn't the pistol, as everyone I let shoot it did fine. It was me. Don't know for sure what it was, but I got rid of it.

I'm no fan of plastic gun aesthetics, but don't have near enough experience shooting any of them to make an informed opinion.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    A .45-70 SAA type pistol made in Indiana, don't remember the name. It was brass and steel and hard to hold one handed because of weight. Was not as bad when I shoot black powder in it. Most handguns could be just about any large caliber and I could enjoy shooting till Arthritis set in in my left hand. I use to use two 6 1/2 inch barreled Ruger .44 mags shooting both at the same time. Today anything .44 mag or smaller in right hand and .32ACP max in the left hand. It sucks to get old and wear your body out.

It is very eye opening shooting two 1911 .45 ACP's at the same time. They can cause a stop sign to bend in to at a 45 degree angle if both hit center of sign within an inch of each. Try it you will like it!!!!!

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    I shot several rounds out of a Chinese Tokarev in 762 caliber without the benefit of hearing protection. None was available. It was painful. Never again.

master*photog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Mooresville
    Hello there, I see that you hate to shoot your super Blackhawk, if you ever get tired of seeing other people cringe, let me know. You may be able to make a few $$ off of it. I'm looking for one.

Thanks!!

I hated my Glock 23....Never fit my hand and didn't like it in .40. My EX has it now.
    I hate my old/former backup Baretta JetFire .25...eats my hand between thumb and first finger. It's relegated to the closet safe now.
    I hate my Ruger Super Blackhawk......doesn't fit, hate the revolver grip and have to hang on for dear life even firing specials. Very accurate but not a pleasant "range gun". I like letting other people shoot it just to see their faces. Most Cringe when the trigger is pulled. LOL!
    This just applies to shooting them and nothing else.

xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    so i have a s&w sigma in .40 cal. Talk about a poop trigger. Worst gun i have ever shot and i'm sure I can't even sell the thing. Biggest waste of money ever.

commonality

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I had a Colt Defender in .40 caliber. It would eject shells into my forehead as regularly as the second hand on my watch. Sold it.

Marine1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I carry a glock 27 my wife has a M&P 9mm I like them both but ill stick with my glock just my opintion and you a welcome to yours it all about personal preference

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There are a few guns that I don't care if I never shoot again and at least one that I will not shoot period. The Ruger LC9/LCP triggers are so bad I can't even describe it. My friend has an LC9 that I would not consider for self defense as even at belly gun range the trigger pull is so hard it would have to pull you off target. I have never owned a Glock but have fired several. Of the polymer guns they certainly have the best trigger by far. The XDs just have too high of a bore axis. They look funny and shoot funny. The M&Ps all seem to have sucky triggers too.

ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    The only handgun that I really don't care to shoot again; wasn't the handgun but the caliber choice of that handgun. It was a T/C encore with the 35 remington barrel on it. My opinion that this was way too much recoil for a handgun... I just didn't like it at all....

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    I have the xdsc and the m&p9c both in 9mm. They are close in size but the xdsc is a few ounces heavier than the 9c. The 9c is a softer shooter than the xd. I like em both but the 9c just shoots softer and conceals better than the xd.

Top Bottom