• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    How do most people hang plates? I've acquired three 3/8" steel plates from my brother-in law and I've hung them by chains. Problem is I occasionally hit the chains (top left). Is there a better solution? The steel was free. 112 yards, 5.56, BUIS, FMJ
    image_zpsa97d3097.jpg

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've seen others suggest heavy rubber material such as semi tire flaps. You may put holes in them, but they'll take a bit more of it than simply a chain or rope.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    I use implement belt material. It's lasted for four years hanging a Bobcat steel IPSC steel target and is about to give up the ghost between the sun and rounds hitting it. Was pretty cheap and has worked well.

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    Weld either a round rod (not the best due to recherché) or a narrow flat plat onto the hanger to take the place of the chains, and on the uphill side attach with method you have now. May need to weld the attachment, torch or drill a hole to attach. Still allows the target to swing.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    When we used to shoot metal silhouettes we had a auto rim laying flat with a car coil spring welded vertically to the center of it and the steel target welded to the spring. Gave a nice wiggle when you hit it but stopped movin pretty quick.

chadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I use a carabiner. Keep a couple extra in the range bag and if it breaks from swinging just replace it.

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    When we used to shoot metal silhouettes we had a auto rim laying flat with a car coil spring welded vertically to the center of it and the steel target welded to the spring. Gave a nice wiggle when you hit it but stopped movin pretty quick.

Thats a really good idea! I am writing that one down...

Top Bottom