• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Ok, so who's feeling it this morning. Who's up breathing fumes right now, hair all messed up like the alien dude.

Wondering if anyone has a hangover remedy (I didnt' drink last night ... that's my remedy this year).

But in the day ... I would try to get as hydrated as a could, getting up from bed to relieve myself and slurp down some H2O (usually right from the faucet) then returning to bed - not getting up until at least 2pm.

Maybe that's where everyone is ? ...

picture.php

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    I don't drink enough to get hangovers but when I was younger I would try to drink as much water as I could and would take an ibuprofen before bed. Never really had to deal with a hangover. The one time I can remember having a bad one I was told to take a long hot shower while drinking a bloody mary. I think someone was just trying to f with me cause it didn't work and it was a pain the ass.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The two best remedies I have ever come across are Pedialyte and/or breathing pure/95% oxygen at atmospheric pressure. The Pedialyte is easier to find.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    a big glass of water and some aspirin before bed. as soon as you wake up, a tall glass of orange juice with ice; if it's crushed ice through the door, even better. i also had luck with the alka seltzer morning relief, but i would only use enough water to finish it in one gulp. otherwise, i could never drink all of it, it tastes worse than regular alka seltzer.

those always worked for me in my times of need. this year i was falling asleep on the couch by 10 while my wife and 8 year old were watching a movie.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    a multivitamin and gatorade before bed.

alcohol inhibits anti-diuretic hormone, causing increased urination => dehydration and increase loss of water soluble vitamins.

then again, a hangover is nature's way of telling you that you acted like an ass last night ;)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just seen this on the news this afternoon. Asparagus!

Also plain aspirin taken with pickle juice. Used to work for me.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    I was a good boy this year. What always helps me is a aspirin before bed, then another aspirin in the morning, & plenty of water to prevent brain swelling..........but wait, if I had a brain I wouldn't have pounded down so many!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The Oxygen is the best I've ever found.
    I used to work in a body shop and I drank quite a few beers on a regular basis.
    I'd hit the oxygen tank first thing and it always worked.
    Well once on a boat load of Wild Turkey the results were a bit lacking.
    I seldom drink anymore.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Drink MOAR booze as soon as you wake up!

I didn't have even one drink last night - but two nights ago I was misbehavin with cheap vodka. Didn't have hangover neither, just stabbing kidney pain. I'm sure that's normal, LOL.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I like to go put a big bottle of water on my nightstand in the bedroom before I even start drinking. Clearly I have experience with planning ahead when I drink! When I wake up in the middle of the night to relieve myself, I drink as much of the water as possible. Usually the process repeats itself at some point again. I've also heard that a bacon sandwich (seriously) can do wonders. I have never tried that one myself. If the water works (which it usually does) then I have no need for a bacon sandwich remedy. If the water doesn't work then cooking is not what I want to do when I crawl out of bed.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have cured gout, ringworm, cold sores, and crotch crickets with nothing more than a double decker bacon and bacon sandwich, hold the bread.

Top Bottom