• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Hunter68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Greenfield
    I know this has been posted here too many times. Went out to the little place I have to hunt today. Among other things I had to do, I went to check my trail camera, and change cards in it. You guessed it. Camera gone.
    Why in the heck to can't people keep their hands off of things that don't belong to them? It was an inexpensive camera, so the financial loss is not the issue. The land owner returns from Florida this week. My hope is that he will be able to talk to the neighbor who rents the bordering property. Maybe they saw something?
    Rant over. Time to move on. Besides, I need to get the pork chops on the grill!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    For the type of inconsiderate scumbag that has no issue violating the private property of others by trespassing, stealing isn't much of a stretch. I still say it should be legal, hell encouraged, to set booby traps and beat the living snot out of anyone caught trespassing.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Would really upset me as well. Wondering if the land is posted.

Ill bet they had to go back to the truck or house to get the bolt cutters. May have even stole them because of being caught on camera trespassing.

Hope you find out where they went

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I know this has been posted here too many times. Went out to the little place I have to hunt today. Among other things I had to do, I went to check my trail camera, and change cards in it. You guessed it. Camera gone.
    Why in the heck to can't people keep their hands off of things that don't belong to them? It was an inexpensive camera, so the financial loss is not the issue. The land owner returns from Florida this week. My hope is that he will be able to talk to the neighbor who rents the bordering property. Maybe they saw something?
    Rant over. Time to move on. Besides, I need to get the pork chops on the grill!

theivin' *******s!!!!!

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I feel your pain. I pull all of my cameras during gun season and during mushroom season. It seems they get caught on it and either take or destroy it to erase the evidence.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've been lost in the woods before. Probably trespassed by accident getting out. Glad I didn't step in a booby trap.

For the type of inconsiderate scumbag that has no issue violating the private property of others by trespassing, stealing isn't much of a stretch. I still say it should be legal, hell encouraged, to set booby traps and beat the living snot out of anyone caught trespassing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The farm we lease is fully fenced. Anyone found on our place and claiming to be lost is completely full of it. The few times I venture out into unknown territory I make damned sure I know where I am and am not allowed to be. If I were to find myself in a situation where I was truly disoriented and didn't know where I was you sure as hell wouldn't find me picking up sheds, picking mushrooms or ginseng or making any attempt whatsoever to appear to be hunting.

I make no apologies for standing firmly on the side of the landowner when it comes to trespassing. I gave up hunting for 17 years because I didn't have any place to hunt, those who choose to go wherever they want and take whatever they want don't get a pass with me.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I take broken cameras and place them where they are easy to see, there's another camera watching it that isn't. Both cover a game area.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    A few years back a friend and I were given permission to hunt someones property. It is 70 acres of tillable land with about 10 acres of woods and no house. Before season we went out to scout the land and choose locations for tree stands. We found two tree stands already up, a ground blind, and someone had been logging the woods. There was even a smoldering camp fire with logs around it like stools. We notified the owners and they were able to determine who was using their land and come to an agreement with them for the firewood taken off the property. I believe someone else had given them "permission" to do what they were doing, and they didn't bother to verify it with the owners.

We also had a tree stand stolen off of another of their properties. It just had a cable and lock securing it to the tree. Now we use heavy chain on all of our tree stands. A determined thief could still cut through them, but it will take a lot more effort.

Top Bottom