so%2Bmuch%2Bwin.jpg

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Thank you everyone for such a lovely surprise for my birthday! The card is gorgeous and I really really love it!

So far it's been a wonderful day. BoR has gone shopping, gotten dinner and fixed me my favorite meal (he makes a killer beef stew), let me sleep in and even massaged my back for me. I've discovered that once you hit a certain age, massages feel really good when you get up and can no longer stretch to shake the cobwebs out. Now if I stretch, I break things......<sigh> I'm not as young as I once was, but I wouldn't trade all the years of wonderful memories for anything, even tho our darling child informed me that I have "one foot in a nursing home and the other on a banana peal". BRAT! At least she can't fulfill her wish to put me in one so I don't annoy the heck out of her with text messages of stuff that I need her to pick up on her way home. :): Isn't that what children are for once they start driving? Especially if they're driving YOUR car???? She settled for telling me that I'm "decrepit" and left it at that. Can I still drop her drawers and spank her? PLEASE???? Ok, I'd settle for just doing the mom "spit wipe" in public so she could do the "MMMOOOOMMMM!" thing. :D

I got the "go ahead" from my PCP yesterday to go ahead and keep on ticking for at least another 25 or so years....which is a good thing! The young lady in the card is lovely, it looks just like I did about 35 or so years ago....;). Not really, but now our child looks like that and gravity has taken over with me. I'll keep the wrinkles however, each one comes with a wonderful memory of how I got it, which is inevitable, but that's ok too.....I'll just keep accruing memories for when I really hit old age, so I'll have lots to remember to keep me happy and contented. Live life as if today was your last, take chances that you never dreamed of, enjoy wonderful friends and family, and live until He brings you home again. Then come back and haunt everyone who annoyed you before you could do payback! hehehe

Honestly, I can't complain, I've had a great.....so many years (I'll never admit I'm over 29, I just keep getting experience, not age), and I wouldn't trade a second of it or do it over differently. I've been truly blessed, and I count my blessings like sheep when I go to sleep every night. I could hibernate for 100 winters with all the fantastic memories I have and will continue to have for many many many many (ad nauseam) years to come, and I thank God for every single one of them!

Thank you again Spasmo and Scutter, BoR, and everyone else, for posting such a wonderful card to add to all the memories I keep very close to my heart.

Much love,
    7th Stepper

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Happy (?, small number, I'm sure) anniversary of your 29th! (I know I'm working on my 19th) Still hope to meet you one of these days.

Top Bottom