• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    After buying my new home late last August and spending most of the winter unpacking.

Spring finally came and with it the beginning of my summer activities. What a Happy Day I had yesterday when the first 6 loads of fill dirt arrived to the back of my property. Now the tough part. Figuring out what I want to shoot into it first.

A5AF3DA4-1C78-414E-BC0B-D9E747E1FC03-5132-00000249BB1F8D9F_zpse1f0c228.jpg

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    That's awesome! When are the rest of the trucks showing up?? And when are you hosting an INGO get together!?

I'd suggest starting with your oldest caliber, either the first one you had or whichever has been around the longest.

OR! You should use your biggest caliber. It's called a proof-load and it's the first live fire most guns ever see! It seems appropriate to test your backstop with the biggest gun you have!

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    That's awesome! When are the rest of the trucks showing up?? And when are you hosting an INGO get together!?

I'd suggest starting with your oldest caliber, either the first one you had or whichever has been around the longest.

OR! You should use your biggest caliber. It's called a proof-load and it's the first live fire most guns ever see! It seems appropriate to test your backstop with the biggest gun you have!

The rest of the trucks have been showing up off and on, he uses it as fill work for his guys. INGO get together has been thought about, just have to wait and see.

I think your right, going biggest and loudest is the way to break it in. Besides I want my neighbors to know I'm out for some serious play. :rockwoot:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That is fantastic! You've probably already thought of this, but you might consider adding some railroad ties and other materials for support so that your dirt doesn't eventually erode away and require you to rebuild your pile.

Top Bottom