• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    . Coworker friends today might be "triggered" tomorrow. Just sayin'...

A sad but true sign of the times.

. We know each other are pro-gun. Happy for her, I just thought it was funny buying her 1st gun (with hubby's help) without remembering the details.

And there's the rest of the story. Hubby helped her pick it out, so she lets him remember the details. She's pro gun, but a newb, and just excited about having her own pistol. Good for her. Many years of happy shooting to her.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ren-and-Stimpy-Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Every gun should have a home. And every home should have a gun.
    Happy for sure. When a new gun owner tells me about their purchase, I always offer to take them to the range. Tips, advice, time and ammo are free to help a newbie out. If it's a female, a double date with the wife usually follows suit. A great excuse to help someone out and get the wife some range time.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That is probably representative of 80% of gun owners. They bought "a gun", or whatever gun the guy at the store put in front of them, and they can't really tell you anything specific about it or why they bought that particular gun. The other 20% are INGO-types who account for 80% of gun sales.

Most people don't have a clue about the things they spend money on.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That is probably representative of 80% of gun owners. They bought "a gun", or whatever gun the guy at the store put in front of them, and they can't really tell you anything specific about it or why they bought that particular gun. The other 20% are INGO-types who account for 80% of gun sales.

Most people don't have a clue about the things they spend money on.

These are also the first to sell a gun for pennies to cover bills. Extenuating circumstances excluded

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I would be happy, and concerned at the same time. I may be preaching to the choir, but not understanding the basics of the firearm one just purchased implies a certain level of disregard for what it is, a dangerous weapon. Maybe that is not the case with your coworker and her husband... at least I hope note.

On another note, and this is really a question, by hiding the fact that one is a gun owner, for fear of reprisal for "lefties," doesn't that just cede ground to them? What if coworkers learn to associate a stand-up person to gun ownership? I get it if the situation could lead to your termination, but I don't think caving to "triggered" jellyfish is a sustainable solution either.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I would be happy, and concerned at the same time. I may be preaching to the choir, but not understanding the basics of the firearm one just purchased implies a certain level of disregard for what it is, a dangerous weapon. Maybe that is not the case with your coworker and her husband... at least I hope note.

On another note, and this is really a question, by hiding the fact that one is a gun owner, for fear of reprisal for "lefties," doesn't that just cede ground to them? What if coworkers learn to associate a stand-up person to gun ownership? I get it if the situation could lead to your termination, but I don't think caving to "triggered" jellyfish is a sustainable solution either.

If it's a person's first firearm, and they've never been around them. Of course they are either going to be over*cautious, or completely disregard what we consider by second nature, safety.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    These are also the first to sell a gun for pennies to cover bills. Extenuating circumstances excluded

Yup. Those pawn shop guns come from somewhere, and it's the person willing to chuck their whateveragun over the counter for $150 right now.

Top Bottom