• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Armed government agents are kicking in doors and demanding to know your political affiliation.

Give that OWS members were just arrested for conspiring to destroy a bridge in Cleveland what makes you think that NYPD is going to ignore them?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Give that OWS members were just arrested for conspiring to destroy a bridge in Cleveland what makes you think that NYPD is going to ignore them?
    The concept of individual guilt completely escapes you Kirk. You of all people should not make such irresponsible comments, given your profession.

What if 5 members of a Cleveland militia did something wrong? Would you cheer for the violent suppression of militia members in New York?

What if some members of the National Lawyers Guild in another state did something? Is it OK to raid some completely unrelated members in Indiana?

You see a nationwide movement you don't like, and try to vilify everyone involved and to spread the guilt across the entire country for a few individuals' alleged actions.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Our beloved FBI was part of the raids too.

But OWS is bad, so bring on the Police State.

FBI, NYPD Roused, Grilled Occupy Activists In Advance Of May Day
    Federal and New York City authorities paid surprise house calls to people related to the Occupy Wall Street movement this morning in advance of tomorrow's May Day protests. At least three residences were visited by police, two by officers from the New York City police department, one by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents, according to Occupy organizers and a representative of the National Lawyers Guild.

Stormvetprime

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    I dunno - I don't have a lot of sympathy for people claiming Constitutional protection when they don't support the thing in the first place.

Further, as far as I am concerned, people wanting to rob other people via the tax code aren't observing Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in full measure - especially the Liberty part. Claims of social justice are the epitome of myopia if other morals like "Thou shalt not covet" and "Thou shalt not steal" are conveniently tossed by the wayside. There's nothing wrong with a moral argument, but if one is going to do so, it must be full-spectrum morality.

If on the other hand one would respond "hey don't force your 10 Commandments on me" that's cool, but then I'll say "don't force your warped version of 'justice' on me" so that's a wash as well. If we're not going to legislate morality, then no version of morality should be pushed. Push freedom instead.

That's why the Founders got it right - freedom for all with social programs based on the charity model - which is where we should return. Then the OWS freeloader crowd would know they had better get some sort of enterprise going because as an able-bodied person not many charities are going to give them squat. This forces ingenuity on their part or results in the spectre of starvation raising it's head if they choose the couch in mom's basement. With the 2nd Amendment out there dissuading dishonest routes of of self-sufficiency, pretty much an honest day's work is their only recourse.

Keep in mind that along with saying all this I would also strike down the piles and piles of rules and regs preventing people from making things happen for themselves (to include the minimum wage), as well as instituting harsh tort reform except in cases where willful malice was evident.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What if some members of the National Lawyers Guild in another state did something?

You mean besides being the Communists that they are?:D

Yes, of course, give them all due process but given OWS's move to greater and greater violence it follows that they will receive more police attention.

Top Bottom