• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I hope everyone has a happy and safe Memorial Day. Please take just a few moments to remember veterans's who sacrificed to make our country the wonderful place that it is.:yesway:

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    God bless all who served and sacrificed for our country. You are appreciated and in our prayers!

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Memorial-Day.gif

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Not just another holiday.

Thanks for posting this. Too many think of today as just another holiday, three day weekend or the kickoff to summer. They sacrificed all of their tomorrows, the least we can do is remember them today. Between your trip to the pool or lake and the BBQ, please take a moment to reflect on the cost of our freedom and give thanks to those that paid that price for us.:patriot:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Half mast till noon tomorrow then back up. :patriot:

Thanks, I came across this later. I spoke to a few vets in the ER this weekend and none knew why we raised it back at noon. I said it was to honor them. Emotional time.

My nearly 4yo helped me lower it this morning. I see that as a tradition starting.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Thanks for posting this. Too many think of today as just another holiday, three day weekend or the kickoff to summer. They sacrificed all of their tomorrows, the least we can do is remember them today. Between your trip to the pool or lake and the BBQ, please take a moment to reflect on the cost of our freedom and give thanks to those that paid that price for us.:patriot:

^^^^This^^^^

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    A big thank you to all that served this great country and to all the brave men and women that gave their life so that we can be free. Thoughts go out to all the families of the fallen soldiers. :patriot:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I had started another thread since I did not see this one, sorry. But, this is what I had wanted to say, and I hope you dont mind me reposting this, (if you do, please let me know and I will remove it) along with the list of my friends that have fallen in combat

As there are more then a couple Veterans and WAY more supporters, I wanted to post this for Memorial Day. Everyone, please feel free to post the name your loved ones and fallen friends. I will start with my friends that I have served with that have fallen in combat
    SSG Darren Cunningham 30 Sep 2004
    1SG Blue Rowe 26 May 2009
    SSG Shannon Smith 08 Sep 2009
    SSG James Ide 29 Aug 2010
    SSG Joshua Throckmorton 05 Jul 2011
    SPC Preston Suter 05 Jul 2011
    SPC Jordan Schumann 05 Jul 2011
    SGT Paul Rivera 22 Oct 2011

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen George S. Patton Jr.

Top Bottom