• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have a good question: Why is it that prohibition of alcohol required a constitutional amendment but prohibition of other products, consumable (politically incorrect plants) and non-consumable (Hughes Amendment), some of which are even constitutionally protected, did not require an amendment.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have a good question: Why is it that prohibition of alcohol required a constitutional amendment but prohibition of other products, consumable (politically incorrect plants) and non-consumable (Hughes Amendment), some of which are even constitutionally protected, did not require an amendment.

A paradime shift in thinking I would say.
    :dunno:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

That was back when the government thought it might not be able to get away with it without an amendment. They now look back on that and laaaaugh and laaaaugh...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Interesting. The prohibitionists of yesteryear sound exactly like the prohibitionists of today (some of whom are INGO members), when faced with the end of prohibition. They predicted every sort of horror under the sun if prohibition was repealed. We all know how that worked out. We do have a template to see what happens when we end it.

Prohibitionists Respond to Repeal: Bootlegging, Racketeering, and Kidnapping Will Go Up Now! You'll Come Crawling Back, Just Wait and See! - Hit & Run : Reason.com

dryleaders.jpg

You can see the whole article via the link.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Damnit Jarrel, you are going to take all the fun out of it! Same for the profit! How are they going to justify the stead stream of progressively cooler toys, being able to ignore the Fourth Amendment, and jack people's money and cars in the name of protecting the sheep from the bogeymen if we get rid of prohibition even though anyone paying attention and being halfway honest can see that it doesn't work?

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Not that I have any proof of this....but I tend to believe that the two industries that are spending the most money to buy politicians are probably the pharmaceutical (Sp)? followed closely by the producers of alcoholic beverages...

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Not that I have any proof of this....but I tend to believe that the two industries that are spending the most money to buy politicians are probably the pharmaceutical (Sp)? followed closely by the producers of alcoholic beverages...
    its called 'lobbying'
    kinda like how in my industry, we call it 'rebates'

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    While those two industries may spend some monies on buying influence, they aren't even close to the top spenders. Wall Street wins that one, hands down. Congress and the president are owned, lock, stock and barrel, by Wall Street.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    While those two industries may spend some monies on buying influence, they aren't even close to the top spenders. Wall Street wins that one, hands down. Congress and the president are owned, lock, stock and barrel, by Wall Street.

Oh no doubt...but on this topic specifically,the industries that have the most to lose are the two I mentioned...(Besides Government of course)The War on drugs generates great revenue in most states.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Great little video!!

Though, to be honest, I'm appalled... appalled I tell you!... that Congress would pass laws they had absolutely no intention of following themselves!!!

I'm so incredibly happy that such a thing would never happen today!!! :rolleyes:

If you just have to, apply purple where you see fit.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    so, i spent $50 at the liquor store, not because i'm a high-priced drunk, but a celebratory constitutionalist. good to know.

I've had post bender bowel movements worth more than fifty dollars. It isn't what you drink. It is the fellowship. We wouldn't be having this discussion if it were not for beer.

Top Bottom