• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    At the risk of starting a Thanksgiving thread a little early, I figured a number of folks would get busy heading out and traveling to family's houses, taking vacations, or getting ready for the arrival of loved ones.

I find it humbling to sit and think about what I have to be thankful for at this time of the year. As a partial list: I'm thankful for a healthy family, a healthy me, many good friends, fine creature comforts, to be living in the best country in the world (even with our problems), and last but certainly not least to be loved by God and Jesus Christ.

Happy Thanksgiving INGO!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Happy Thanksgiving. Blessed to have had great parents, been raised in the United States of America, & born again. Great wife, grandson that has turned me into a kinder man (never dreamed baby slobbers wouldn't mean crap to me), & stupid 40lb dog that thinks he's a lap dog, laying across my lap right now. Blessings all, & reported!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    TURKZILLA.jpg

I'm thankful for great friends and family and my amazing wife!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    At the risk of starting a Thanksgiving thread a little early, I figured a number of folks would get busy heading out and traveling to family's houses, taking vacations, or getting ready for the arrival of loved ones.

I find it humbling to sit and think about what I have to be thankful for at this time of the year. As a partial list: I'm thankful for a healthy family, a healthy me, many good friends, fine creature comforts, to be living in the best country in the world (even with our problems), and last but certainly not least to be loved by God and Jesus Christ.

Happy Thanksgiving INGO!
    REPORTED!!!!

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'm thankful for my family, and my friends (many of whom I've met through INGO). I'm fortunate enough to live in the best country on the face of God's earth, I'm also thankful for those that spilled their blood, sweat, and tears to keep and protect it.

Happy Thanksgiving, INGO!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Wow, so many things I'm thankful for.
    I'm thankful for the grey in my beard, I made it further then most thought.
    I'm thankful for my son and my daughter, thru thier eyes I see hope.
    I'm thankful for my wife, who for 30 years have been making my life worth living.
    I'm thankful for my parents, mom who had the best hugs in the world, and dad, who made sure he taught me how to appreciate them.
    I'm thankful to my brothers who didn't live long enough. They taught me life is precious.
    I'm thankful for friends, for those who have left, and for those who are still holding me up.
    I'm thankful for a country that has allowed me to live my life the way I saw fit, mistakes and all.
    And since GFGT didn't get hammered, I'm thankful to God, who has graced my life with all the above!Happy Thanksgiving Ingo! . . . And Thanks!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I'm more interested in that fact that I don't work Thursday/Friday which means 4 day weekend.

I don't think I'm doing anything special for Thanksgiving though. Most of the family just sort of does their own thing. Probably get some Chinese takeout.... but.... 4 day weekend.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! We had ours yesterday because it was the only time we could get everyone together

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No one really left on my side. Wifes family are wonderful people and they like me......go figure.
    We will be carving the bird and watching Detroit get beat up as always.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Thankful for family, and the ample time I get to spend with my little ones.

I'm also thankful the extended family is all doing other stuff this year, so we just get to tend to ourselves. We might even let Boston Market do the cooking to maximize sitting-on-ass-drinking-beer time. The break from a string of hectic holidays will be welcome.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I'm thankful for family, friends, good health, good job, nice little home, my partner of 24 years, and our little fur babies. As others have said, I'm thankful to live in the best country on earth, and forever grateful to those who have fought to defend her. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Happy Thanksgiving INGO!

Same to you sir!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm thankful for my family. And for good food. I'll leave this here. This is a beloved family recipe that was handed down from my late grandmother. It WAS a "dump and pour" recipe, but the year before she passed away I got her to make it, and before she could add each ingredient to the bowl, I would measure it. Behold the most amazing dressing you will ever eat:

Grandma Adkins' Dressing
    mixing bowl to table time 1.5-2 hrs.

1 loaf bread, torn into 1-2"pieces, dried to "stale" but not crouton stage (dry but not crunchy)
    1 3/4C diced celery (3-4 stalks)
    1 med onion, diced
    1/2 tsp rubbed sage
    2 1/2C Peperidge Farm Herb Seasoned stuffing (white and blue bag, 1/2 bag)
    9C chicken or turkey broth (or 6 broth+ 3C water) 48-72 oz
    1tsp black pepper

Mix together everything but the liquid in a very large bowl . Add approx 2/3 of the liquid. Mix well. add rest of liquid slowly until you achieve approximately the same consistency as soupy oatmeal. (amount of liquid varies depending on how dry the bread is)
    pour into greased 11x14 baking pan.

cook 10-15 mins on 400 until it starts to cook (it may start bubbling).
    reduce heat to 350 approx 1 hour until top is golden brown and crunchy.

Remove and rest for 5-10 mins. Insides will be soupy when removed from oven but will thicken upon standing to a bread pudding consistency.

Serves 10-12

Top Bottom