• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    WOW around twenty pages of posts to my original one, anyone go out for lunch or dinner yesterday? I met my Navy Vet son in law (I think he served on the Good Ship Lolipop), and his Navy Buddy (don't go there) for lunch at Texas Roadhouse, I bought their beer(s) some sort of brown ale looking stuff they called loligagger or something like that, and covered the tip. Then when the wife got off work around 8PM, we all met for dinner at Applebees also in Fishers. My Navy son in law again, had another beer on me and the rest of the crew, six more people had steaks, ribs, or Italian. My almost 1 year old grandson had both his fists full of food, chewing with all four of his teeth like a Squirrel on speed, but he is from Kentucky and eating with both hands and using four teeth is pretty much the norm there anyway......................best of all I noticed an older gentleman come in around the same time wearing a US Army 2nd Inf Div hat. Well what do you know, I was once a member of the 2nd Inf Div too (2nd MP Co), soo I had to say "hi", and shake his hand. Turns out he was there during the Korean war, serving in the 15th Field Artillery, and was captured by the Chinese spending two years as a POW. He lost all his toes during that time and well lets just say it couldn't have been easy for him. I had his waitress put his beer on my tab, and any more beers and desert as he liked. Many of us as posted here are Veterans, thank you all. Some of you are HEROS................you know what I mean.

FREEDOM Isn't FREE

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    As far as I'm concerned, when they killed the draft they ignited the societal problems that now plague this country.

Everyone serves four years in the military, ages 18-22, would make our country a lot better place to live.

Does anyone disagree?

Some understandably do with the way of the recent generation, but adding the Peace Corps as an alternative and making one or the other Mandatory WOULD Wake Up Some who think they know it all at 18. In our day drafted or enlisted we did what we had to, like it or not, and I think we're better for it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Headed down to Applebee's with my family. Had a great time and noticed scads of similar families and groups of vets as well. Glad to see folks thanking people for their service. Hope it inspires others to serve.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Sorry I missed this, hope everyone had a great Veteran's day. Thank you all for your service!

USAR 1988-2000 766th TRANS BN, Evansville, 972nd EN BN, Terre Haute, 03

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Veterans day. Take care and stay safe!
    USAF Security Forces
    Aug 2001-Aug 2007
    OIf OEF 2002, 2003, 2005

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Hope all other Vets had a GOOD Veterans Day. The free dinners, free car washes and other discounts offered now are nice, but I just attended Vet programs at my granddaughters school in the AM and at my nephews school in the afternoon and then with the family (Wife, 3 Grandaughters we're raising) at home in the evening. Being alive and able to do that was good enough for me.

Top Bottom