• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    I picked one up yesterday and put it to the test today. runs the refrigerator two oil filled radiators and 4 light bulbs no problem at all. it is small but its a great value the ones on a budget.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    They are a good deal but be weary.. These are disposable, if it breaks it is next to impossible to find replacement parts. Even the Harbor Freight store manager told me this.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Look in pawnshops. I found a Troy Bilt 3500 for less then 250 out the door.
    Yes it was used, but it worked, and easier to find parts for them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How does this one compare?

13252836.jpg

DuroMax 4000 Watt 7.0 Hp Portable RV Generator - Rakuten.com Shopping

sixty8firebird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    SE IN
    Harbor freight generators aren't bad for the money. We've used one for the past few years at the race track and it has held up well. If I didn't already have a generator at the house, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from harbor freight.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    If you are in the market for a small off-brand generator, then hit up some of the local farm / tool auctions. You can get a used generator in that range for well under $100.

Last one in out town had used 2800 watts selling for $40.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    If you are thinking about using these for anything other than lights and battery charging, be very wary. Some motors and most electronics do not like the waveforms produced by these el cheapo generators.

Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    As my neighbors were abandoning their houses earlier last month, when my neighborhood lost power for 4 days, I was hooking up a cheap generator that was borrowed from a friend that came from Aldi's. I was able to run my furnace, fridge, entertainment center, and some lights. My pipes didn't freeze like my neighbors did and I stayed home very comfortable and thankful to have it.
    I purchased one yesterday and it is what it is.......an emergency generator that if needed is there and ready. I know it is a throw-away item if it quits on me but for what I paid, I am cool with that.

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    As far as the brand, I don't have any experience with. As far as the size, that works for me. I got a Craftsman, 4000 watt a couple years ago. I got a couple good extension cords. I cut a male and female plug in, into my power feed to the furnace. I can run my furnace in the winter. In the summer I can run the refrigerator and freezer as needed to keep cold. That is all I need, as I don't need to power the whole house.

Top Bottom