• ...and so much more!
  • TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yesterday (Black Friday) I see an ad for Harbor Freight...
    They have a tool box that I've been needing personally for work on sale for $399.00. My wife, the lovely women that she is, decides she would buy it for me. Since I have a 20% off "Super Coupon" from my American Rifle mag it would put the price at $319.20!
    So I call them to confirm that they have one in stock... "yes we do" was the reply. Cool! I asked about using my coupon... "no problem" was the reply. Excellent!
    So we hook the trailer to the Jeep and off we go on a 30 mile drive...
    We get there and we confirm that they have it in stock. The young lady that checked for me was very nice and very helpful. I asked her if I could use my coupon and she checked the date (2/15/2011) and said "no problem".
    So off to the checkout... we had not loaded the box yet.
    She rings up the box and takes my coupon then she scans it... the usual routine.... NOT!
    The scanner wouldn't take the coupon... hmmm she say's.
    She calls one of the other employees over to help.... still doesn't work.
    Right behind the counter some "less than friendly" shelf stocker tells her about some new coupon policy and to check the "memo".
    The young lady checks with the manager and is told that as of NOVEMBER 8th, 2010 Coupons cannot be used on tool boxes and a whole list of other major items.
    At this point she is very apologetic and was visually upset and obviously embarrassed.
    At this point I was still considering making the purchase as I REALLY need this tool box at my job. $400 isn't unreasonable for this box but every dollar counts right now and 20% would be a big help.
    But, I was also a little annoyed at this time; not at the checkout girl but at the situation.
    I brought up the fact that the HF website made no mention of this policy nor was it posted anywhere in the store and she agreed that it wasn't right but she couldn't do anything about it, which I understood.

Suddenly the "less than friendly" shelf stocker makes a comment about "not our problem"...

Ok.... that's it...I'm leaving.

I told the checkout girl "thank you for your assistance and have a nice day".

So I drove 30 miles pulling a trailer through Fort Wayne in black Friday traffic to find out that Harbor Freight no longer honors super coupons on a bunch of their stuff.

Buyer beware.

Last edited:

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm knee-deep in waiting to figure out if my BF deal is a deal or this same stuff. Bought TV, got confirmation, got cancellation, got gift card, gift card got cancelled, order reinstated,....

I'm not expecting much, other than a refund.

Don't advertise a BF deal if you aren't going to honor it - I have missed several other deals waiting on this turd.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Harbor Freight is kind of famous for BS. They like to advertise one thing, then when you go to get it the model number and picture don't match up to the actual item. Coupon exclusions happen often. You get a coupon with no mention of restrictions or items not covered, get to store and everything you want is exempt.

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a feeling that the outcome would have been different at the Castleton store. I do not buy many things there, but I have politely put them through the wringer before, and they did oblige without too much fuss.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have just completed and sent a letter to Harbor Freight's customer service email addy.

Basically sent them the above writing with my official business address.
    Because I've made a lot of purchases for my business as well as me personally from Harbor Freight the ramifications of screwing the customer are above average.

I'll post the results here if or when I receive a reply.

:popcorn:

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Sorry to hear that I have had a couple issues with the store in Castleton but they have always tried to work it out and have always been friendly about it one way or the other.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I know the guy you're talking about. A real asshat. I was in there one day and asked a woman at the checkout a question. She posed it to him. He said something back really retarded. Her response was "You're just as f*****g stupid as you were when we were married". Ouch on so many levels.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Yesterday (Black Friday) I see an ad for Harbor Freight...
    They have a tool box that I've been needing personally for work on sale for $399.00. My wife, the lovely women that she is, decides she would buy it for me. Since I have a 20% off "Super Coupon" from my American Rifle mag it would put the price at $319.20!
    So I call them to confirm that they have one in stock... "yes we do" was the reply. Cool! I asked about using my coupon... "no problem" was the reply. Excellent!
    So we hook the trailer to the Jeep and off we go on a 30 mile drive...
    We get there and we confirm that they have it in stock. The young lady that checked for me was very nice and very helpful. I asked her if I could use my coupon and she checked the date (2/15/2011) and said "no problem".
    So off to the checkout... we had not loaded the box yet.
    She rings up the box and takes my coupon then she scans it... the usual routine.... NOT!
    The scanner wouldn't take the coupon... hmmm she say's.
    She calls one of the other employees over to help.... still doesn't work.
    Right behind the counter some "less than friendly" shelf stocker tells her about some new coupon policy and to check the "memo".
    The young lady checks with the manager and is told that as of NOVEMBER 8th, 2010 Coupons cannot be used on tool boxes and a whole list of other major items.
    At this point she is very apologetic and was visually upset and obviously embarrassed.
    At this point I was still considering making the purchase as I REALLY need this tool box at my job. $400 isn't unreasonable for this box but every dollar counts right now and 20% would be a big help.
    But, I was also a little annoyed at this time; not at the checkout girl but at the situation.
    I brought up the fact that the HF website made no mention of this policy nor was it posted anywhere in the store and she agreed that it wasn't right but she couldn't do anything about it, which I understood.

Suddenly the "less than friendly" shelf stocker makes a comment about "not our problem"...

Ok.... that's it...I'm leaving.

I told the checkout girl "thank you for your assistance and have a nice day".

So I drove 30 miles pulling a trailer through Fort Wayne in black Friday traffic to find out that Harbor Freight no longer honors super coupons on a bunch of their stuff.

Buyer beware.
    I would email the company explaining why they should sell it to me at the price with the coupon all they can say is no.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I would have probably handled it a little different.

"thanks" to the cashier.
    "and you, go eat a ****" to the stocker.

;)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Man, it's a good thing you weren't carrying your gun! That's exactly the type of situation that would make even level-headed people such as you flip out and start shooting up the place! Whew. Really dodged a bullet there.

Top Bottom