• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    I posted this in the wrong thread I think, but I am looking for personal protection classes here in the areas of Vanderburgh and Warrick County. So far Hard Target Firearms seems like a logical answer, their prices seem reasonable and they have a variety of courses. Has anybody trained there, or know somebody that has and what they thought about it?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have taken a shotgun training class there. I would say it is a fair value for what you get if you are a beginner. I have shot with Guy Minnis at our local IDPA as well. He can be pretty rough around the edges with his stories and language if you are easily offended. His heart is certainly in it for sure though.

Don't forget about INGO sponsors though.

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    I have taken a shotgun training class there. I would say it is a fair value for what you get if you are a beginner. I have shot with Guy Minnis at our local IDPA as well. He can be pretty rough around the edges with his stories and language if you are easily offended. His heart is certainly in it for sure though.

Don't forget about INGO sponsors though.

I don't think there is a single human out there that can be rougher on the edge of language than my husband :D, between him and his brother, I think I have become somewhat of a sailor and I don't mind at all. I like politeness alright, but I would much rather you be real with me than fake. I will look at the INGO sponsors, but I have to make sure they are within my distance because I am not driving far out for classes. Though I will probably find it before I see your response, where can I find INGO sponsors with training classes?

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't think there is a single human out there that can be rougher on the edge of language than my husband :D, between him and his brother, I think I have become somewhat of a sailor and I don't mind at all. I like politeness alright, but I would much rather you be real with me than fake. I will look at the INGO sponsors, but I have to make sure they are within my distance because I am not driving far out for classes. Though I will probably find it before I see your response, where can I find INGO sponsors with training classes?

ACT does several classes each year near Terre Haute. That's a little drive for you, but we're worth it.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't know, 2 hours is a bit much..... unless we were up there for other reasons for a while then it wouldn't be too bad at all. Dam* places being far away :)

2 hours to learn things that could save your life? Doesn't seem that far to me. I have shot with Guy and the ACT folks......you can't go wrong with ACT

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    2 hours to learn things that could save your life? Doesn't seem that far to me. I have shot with Guy and the ACT folks......you can't go wrong with ACT

I am not the one making the final decision, 2 hours there and 2 hours back is a bit much, my husband would most likely say no without any hesitation. For the next 15 weeks road trips are out of the question, and after that it be would be at least 6 months before any road trips with a newborn baby as I have no plans of bottle feeding. Maybe down the road shortly, like closer to the end of this year and after some training at Hard Target, I don't see the 2 hours as an issue. If ACT is that credible, a hotel stay wouldn't be an issue.

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    ACT is hard to beat....reasonable prices and excellent instruction. Give them a try.

I would love to, but d*mn it 2 hours is more than I am willing to drive given gas prices right around $3.45 a gal here and a Tahoe not being exactly gas friendly. Even with their reasonable prices, which I don't know them - 125 miles, my Tahoe only gets 14 miles a gallon on average and $3.45 a gallon at most gas stations. The reasonable prices and excellent instruction wouldn't make up for it, I doubt I could get all the lessons I need in one weekend. If gas prices were down where it was back in 2004 ($1.99 a gal) I would do it, but it isn't happening at this point. ACT is out of the question for now.

Top Bottom