• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    After 15 years of working my way up in my current job, watching the good ones quit, watching the bad ones regress, and the incompetents they've hired and wondering why I do it all, it finally paid off. I may be starting my new job as early as the 17th of this month. With about a 50% pay raise.

At 38, I'm nervous as hell about starting over and giving up seniority. Even if this job doesn't work out, it will open the door for better opportunities in the future. But I hope to retire at this one.

Now to spend every waking minute studying for the upcoming whizz quiz.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Every job change for me was a plus! It's a tough thing to walk away from a known in to a unknown! I procrastinated something terrible. I wish I hadn't. Best of luck!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I went grumpy early.

Thanks guys! My personality doesn't let me just give up on a task. For years, I watched my coworkers throw their hands up while I continued to learn and grow and got nothing for it but more responsibility. Even if I could have never moved on to a better job, my pride is worth more to me than that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to is going from one of the smartest guys in the room to one of the dumbest. I'm sure I'll see electricians who've been doing it longer than I've been alive.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I too go by the motto, "if you're the smartest guy in the room, you're in the wrong room."

I pride myself on being a pretty smart feller and have a pretty good mechanical aptitude but what does it say when production management, degreed mechanical engineers and maintenance management calls me to figure out seemingly every issue of the day because they're either too incompetant or too lazy to figure it out?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    After 15 years of working my way up in my current job, watching the good ones quit, watching the bad ones regress, and the incompetents they've hired and wondering why I do it all, it finally paid off. I may be starting my new job as early as the 17th of this month. With about a 50% pay raise.

At 38, I'm nervous as hell about starting over and giving up seniority. Even if this job doesn't work out, it will open the door for better opportunities in the future. But I hope to retire at this one.

Now to spend every waking minute studying for the upcoming whizz quiz.
    Sounds like a new adventure. Good luck, though I doubt you'll need it.

Top Bottom