• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Anyone here ever really tried them? I wonder if it's true... If so what a cruel way to possibly punish your mother in-law. :xmad: :poop:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    From Haribo you have to buy them 5lb at a time, but there are people on ebay that repackage them in smaller portions. My son wants some very muchly. I'm kinda curious myself.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I read that thread, didn't see anyone that actually tried them here.

We got someone to get a tattoo.. Maybe we can find another volunteer

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Beware of sugar free candy. Often it contains a chemical that does rather nasty things to your gut... like make it kick into overdrive. Not Dangerous per-se, but lets just say if you eat several handfuls, make sure you dont make any long road trips within the next 12 hours. You may be spending some extensive time in "the library" if you know what I mean...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have not had the gummy bears of death,but I once went to the er after ingesting around 10 reduced sugar jolly ranchers.

Sugar alcohols where to blame for my very severe reaction apparently some people do not react well to them at all.I felt as if I was exploding.Gas and bloating would be an understatement,and no it was not fun.I was praying for movement of any kind in any direction...the pressure was so bad I could not even bend over.I stay away from anything sweetened with sugar alcohols now.The sugar free gummy bears use the same type of sweeteners.They are called one of the following on ingredients mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol, lactitol, isomalt, maltitol and hydrogenated starch hydrolysates (HSH).
    This was years ago and nothing I have ever eaten did anything like that to me(a then 33 year old,I can see it on my tombstone he died Jolly and full).

Seems I am not the only one who experienced the same effect from the Jolly ranchers in question judging by the Amazon reviews.
    http://www.amazon.com/Jolly-Rancher-Assorted-Flavors-3-6-Ounce/dp/B000F8L4I4
    "Later, you'll experience the most amazing abdominal swelling. You'll swell like Violet Beauregard in Willy Wonka. I thought I was going to explode. I heard things rattling around inside me. It was weird. It hurt a lot, too."

"These candies taste a little different than the real thing, but close enough. If you eat more than a couple, you'll be sorry... Unless you're constipated, then your problems will be over!"

And then I began creating my own hole in the ozone layer, unleashing a series of enormous farts that continued unabated for hours. That part was sort of entertaining."

" thought the reviewers on here were joking when they said these doubled as a laxative, but oh my god, I made the mistake of eating 8 of them, and the entire next morning and throughout the day at work I was on the can with explosive diarrhea . Seriously these things are sick joke, yes they taste really good, very close to the original, and much easier to unwrap but seriously the side effects are not worth it."

Last edited:

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    I made the mistake of eating a few handfuls of the sugar-free gummies from Albanese up here in Merrillville... they warn you when you buy them that they are sweetened by an extract taken from prunes.... Welcome to "I may as well have just polished off a bottle of turbo-lax" hell.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Found the symptom of 'intestinal irregularity' is rather common with a LOT of sugar free candy.

Didn't know Haribo sugar-free gummies also carried this 'issue'. But, gonna order about 500 lbs. for 'giveaways' to those 'special folks' I know. :lmfao:

Top Bottom