• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ok, I'm almost 50, and I love the Harry Potter series (books and movies), who is your favorite character, from the books, or movies...I'll start I like Neville Longbottom, he tries to do his best and is a true hero

Do I have too much free time?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I like the Harry Potter movies , but I have a really short attention span, and I usually don't have any idea WTF is going on or why it's going on. The special effects are cool though. I thought the guy riding on the dragon was bad ass....or was that in Lord of the rings?

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Harry was the worst of they all. If he had just went to school and stop being a glory hog he would have been fine, Voldemort would never have come back, and all would have been well. Really the whole series happened because harry was a terrible human being.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Really the best two characters.
    Agreed x2.

Liked the movies, loved the books WAY more. I have to give the movie writers credit, though. I don't think I could have ever picked which parts to cut out to make the movies 2.5 hours or less. And I was impressed with how much they subtley fed back in... example: Lars asked me why Harry was carrying around a broken piece of mirror in the 7th movies. I had to go back and watch the 5th just to be sure they didn't include it in there!

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I like the series. And this would probably explain a lot of my past relationships, but I cant help but find Bellatrix Lestrange very alluring. Maybe honesty isn't always the best policy LOL... :dunno:

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I too, am a Potter junkie. Read the books several times, own all the movies. I'd have to say that Molly Weasley is a favorite. She a nurturer, kind hearted, and would protect the ones she loves at all costs.

Favorite baddie.... it would have to be Draco Malfoy.

BTW, I have 2 letters from JK Rowling herself. Typed on Owl Post, postmarked from Scotland.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Ummmm

I too, am a Potter junkie. Read the books several times, own all the movies. I'd have to say that Molly Weasley is a favorite. She a nurturer, kind hearted, and would protect the ones she loves at all costs.

Favorite baddie.... it would have to be Draco Malfoy.

BTW, I have 2 letters from JK Rowling herself. Typed on Owl Post, postmarked from Scotland.

This whole thread is just weird.:dunno:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Neville has probably the best character transformation over the course of the series. The casting agent got a winner casting Matthew Lewis to play Neville, his change from Sorcerer's Stone through Deathly Hallows II is a perfect compliment to the character's change...
    Sorcerer's Stone:
    NevilleYR1.jpg

Deathly Hallows II:
    Deathly_Hallows_2-_Neville_Longbottom_holding_the_Gryffindor%27s_sword.jpg

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am kind of old too but I enjoy the movies...the latter ones get a little dark for the younger crowd....

I'll take Hermoine (sp?)...she's a little cutie.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Neville has probably the best character transformation over the course of the series. The casting agent got a winner casting Matthew Lewis to play Neville, his change from Sorcerer's Stone through Deathly Hallows II is a perfect compliment to the character's change...
    Agreed. I was really anxious about the 7th movies because they had left SO much out from the previous books that I wasn't sure how they were going to incorporate just how important Luna and Neville really were to the whole series. The movies really glossed their characters over quite a bit.

Best line added to the movies that wasn't in the books, though, goes to McGonnagall. When she gets the suits of armor and gargoyles to defend the castle, she comments with glee, "I've always wanted to use that spell!" I went back and read the 7th book again just to see if that line was actually in there. :):

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I like the Harry Potter movies , but I have a really short attention span, and I usually don't have any idea WTF is going on or why it's going on. The special effects are cool though. I thought the guy riding on the dragon was bad ass....or was that in Lord of the rings?

Wasn't that Avatar??

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I really enjoy the Harry Potter books and movies but then again I enjoy Star Wars and lord of The Rings..they are all basically the same movie.Each has a "Dark Lord", each has a mentor that is murdered and then comes back in one form or another to provide guidance and each of the heroes turn out to not be the heroes. Harry didn't kill Voldemort, Nevelle did, Frodo didn't kill Sauron, Golem did and Luke didn't kill Darth sidious, Darth Vader did.

Top Bottom